Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Registered Member

I would really appreciate if someone from 1C or Steam could actually verify that the hotfix has been applied and is available. I've done the "Verify game cache" many times in the last few days and I did see a 14 file, 1Gig download occur, but my Assassins stack definitely still has the "Find Weakness" bug that crashes right out of OOTM back to Windows7. I have an older game save that has 20 names in the troop list for Find Weakness, but now all my games newer than that game save, instantly crash out of OOTM whenever I mouse over the Find Weakness list in the Assassins stats picture. Steam/Valve is so annoying. I really regret buying the game from them and wish I had gone with GamersGate instead.

Does anyone know where the Find Weakness list is saved/stored? I would like to be able to view this information. Perhaps the KB game scanner has this information some where?
Old 10-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Registered Member

i think its because of too long list of bonuses.

i synched my game (it gives me 14 bad files, too), and loaded my game - its still craches whenever i hover over "find weakness" to look for bonuses.

Yet, i loaded my earlier save (luckily i had one), where assasins have no bonuses, i even tried to kill one with backstab and get one bonus, and i can hover over it perfectly.

So maybe its realy because of too long list?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specaz View Post
i think its because of too long list of bonuses.

i synched my game (it gives me 14 bad files, too), and loaded my game - its still craches whenever i hover over "find weakness" to look for bonuses.

Yet, i loaded my earlier save (luckily i had one), where assasins have no bonuses, i even tried to kill one with backstab and get one bonus, and i can hover over it perfectly.

So maybe its realy because of too long list?
This must be it then.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 AM
Approved Member

Guys, we are trying to find out the reason of this bug and find the solution ASAP.
@Urbz: Check your Private Messages please.

Last edited by Nike-it; 10-04-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Guys, we are trying to find out the reason of this bug and find the solution ASAP.
Thank you
Old 10-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

I bought Crossworlds through Steam, and I've been playing the Orcs campaign for awhile, with Assassins in my army. I ran into the Find Weakness crash early on, but I kept playing and just avoided bringing up the information window for the Assassins.

Yesterday, Steam downloaded an update for Crossworlds, and, sure enough, mousing over Find Weakness did not cause a crash. The "current bonuses" list had been truncated to 4 or 5 entries, which seemed a cheesy way to fix the problem. As I continued playing, the list grew again, and when I got to more than 20 entries, the Find Weakness crash came back.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctantg View Post
I bought Crossworlds through Steam, and I've been playing the Orcs campaign for awhile, with Assassins in my army. I ran into the Find Weakness crash early on, but I kept playing and just avoided bringing up the information window for the Assassins.

Yesterday, Steam downloaded an update for Crossworlds, and, sure enough, mousing over Find Weakness did not cause a crash. The "current bonuses" list had been truncated to 4 or 5 entries, which seemed a cheesy way to fix the problem. As I continued playing, the list grew again, and when I got to more than 20 entries, the Find Weakness crash came back.
Just throwing out a possibility here, but if you ever fight a battle without having those assassins in your reserve or in the army, you will lose all the bonuses.

So it is possible you never really had a fixed situation.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Is there still no fix for the steam version? I still crash to desktop every time while mousing over find weakness. Same thing as everyone else, I have verified the game and had to replace the same 14 files but I still crash.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinbud View Post
Is there still no fix for the steam version? I still crash to desktop every time while mousing over find weakness. Same thing as everyone else, I have verified the game and had to replace the same 14 files but I still crash.
Them have not fix my game yeat
Old 11-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
@Urbz: Check your Private Messages please.

Any update on fixing this? I've held off playing the game until this is fixed as gaming time is reduced for now.

Thanks!