Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Default New project from Luthier: DCS WWII [Target complete]

Wish him well...

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.in/2013/0...w-project.html

Kickstarter link

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ently_launched

2,553 Backers

$158,897 pledged of $100,000 goal

seconds to go

Back This Project $1 minimum pledge

This project will only be funded if at least $100,000 is pledged by Saturday Oct 5, 1:20pm EDT.

Funding period
Sep 5, 2013 - Oct 5, 2013 (30 days)

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 10-05-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: updated pledges
Old 09-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

I wish him good luck!!...

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 09-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Is there an original source for this report? Luthier had said there would be a massive reveal with a strict deadline of yesterday.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Is there an original source for this report? Luthier had said there would be a massive reveal with a strict deadline of yesterday.

Yes here, and he met his first deadline
http://forums.eagle.ru/index.php

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 09-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Approved Member

Sweet. Thanks for the link SB.
The scale of the September 1st launch may have been slightly exaggerated. I'd thought there would have been more to it, going by what luthier had said previously.
I'll be interested to see the quickstarter presentation on Thursday. I think I'll want to know quite a bit more about the project before investing. Who is leading, who is responsible for what and some key timelines and mission goals would be good. Now that we have seen what can be achieved in a very short time by a determined team with an existing engine, the done-when-it's-done approach may not attract as many backers as one might hope.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:50 AM
Approved Member

Stretch goals.... depends on kickstarter monies.
I'm assuming the large Normandy map will include England.

Luthier....
"We'll see how well we do with kickstarter. Core game will have one large Normandy terrain. If we hit stretch goals, we'll have more maps.

Less than a year from now, or a bit more time if we hit stretch goals."
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 09-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Approved Member

This looks very promising. Now we have a choice between two different styles of flight sim, one that aims for a detailed CEM experience in the style of Cliffs Of Dover and another that will offer a more simplified approach. Personally, with the financial commitment required to purchasing a series of planes and add-ons to eventually cover the whole range of WW2 theatres, I would prefer to be making a long term commitment to something that offers a little more than " Push Button I to start the engine ".

I hope this project goes well for Ilya, as it has the potential to be a true successor to the IL2 series. If all is good with the presentation on the 5th September, then they will definitely be getting some of my cash to see this game reach it's potential.

It's just going to be so hard waiting for the day when it finally arrives! Still there's always Malta to look forward to.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Speaking of Malta, is there a link where one might follow development? I've been working on a detailed Malta map for Il-2 and would very much like to see how they are getting on.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamadelica View Post
This looks very promising. Now we have a choice between two different styles of flight sim, one that aims for a detailed CEM experience in the style of Cliffs Of Dover and another that will offer a more simplified approach. Personally, with the financial commitment required to purchasing a series of planes and add-ons to eventually cover the whole range of WW2 theatres, I would prefer to be making a long term commitment to something that offers a little more than " Push Button I to start the engine ".

I hope this project goes well for Ilya, as it has the potential to be a true successor to the IL2 series. If all is good with the presentation on the 5th September, then they will definitely be getting some of my cash to see this game reach it's potential.

It's just going to be so hard waiting for the day when it finally arrives! Still there's always Malta to look forward to.

Nice analysis and I feel the same way...we can't let this opportunity die

Old 09-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Approved Member

I'll keep my fingers crossed but BoS is alot closer!