Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkys View Post
Wow, im a War thunder player, and I must say that merge looked TOTALLY crazy and unrealistic. You would never be able to pull that off anymore.

So I went in the game and tried to do the exact same thing with the same plane, and I got no where close to that. All i did was send my plane into a crazy spin when i tried to pull back on my stick that hard. (incase your wondering im talking about at 5:35)

That HAD to have been a glitch in the FM or footage of the old FM. So please dont judge the FMs by that footage. They really are alot better than that.
I just downloaded WT yesterday and I'am still trying to find my way around so to speak. Are there any type of servers for the FRB that are setup like the old day IL2 servers like War clouds or ATAG??
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

No one here has played War thunder.....really???
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
No one here has played War thunder.....really???
I did, I tried it twice and both times it really was not anything I would write home about.

As I had said before, I think that the whole "F2P MMO" aspect of it really clashes with the whole military airplane thing, all the grinding and more grinding needed just to be able to fly specific planes and then you have to grind a whole lot more if you want to keep up with the repair cost of said plane is absolutely absurd.

Frankly, War thunder provides nothing that IL-2 1946 does not and IL-2 1946 provides all it's features upfront, not locked behind arbitrary grind/pay-walls.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Tried it a few time, hate it.

Every time I go back is a 30 minute download because a new patch. Fly biplanes to win monoplanes, much team killing, full real is never a human on the server, only bots, and the historical missions - a joke, aircraft carriers for Japan in the English Channel. I puke.

The say they have 3 million players register. Either a lie, or they register once, vomit and leave...
Old 09-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

One thing I do not see adressed about WT is, is it even possible to take part in a historical battle with the correct aircraft?
All I see on youtube and in screenshots are Bf 109s fighting Zeroes over the Pacific and Corsairs over Stalingrad etc. Is there any way to properly control the planeset in a historical battle?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

WT?? Beautifull graphics, inexistent FM and DM. I could see Beufighters and Bf110 turnning and diving like a spit, or a Gladiator fighting hand to hand with a LaGG3.

Is an excellent graphical adventure!!

Last edited by Palex; 09-12-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palex View Post
WT?? Beautifull graphics, inexistent FM and DM. I could see Beufighters and Bf110 turnning and diving like a spit, or a Gladiator fighting hand to hand with a LaGG3.

Is an excellent graphical adventure!!
You like graphical adventure...and men.

Bombing smurfs since a long time ago...
Old 09-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Que botonazo!!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Default I have played WT for over a year

I started with mouse-aim - It was great fun. After a year i bought myself a proper joystick setup (Saitek x 51 pro, with rudder and TrackIr5). I knew from forum that the setup would be difficuldt, and it was. I have now bought COD due to my growing interest on more sim flying. In WT there is a playerbase who use mouse, stick flying is much more difficult - spesially the aiming.

The playerbase on "serious" players are narrow, so there is a lot of bot's in sim mode, and historical battling is almost non present. A lot of things is good, the game is under development and will improve I hope. FM's, DM's and match making is not good atm, I am not sure about if they will succeed or not - I am afraid the "arcade" player base will force them to focus on a lighter game than go for full sim functionality.

I have to learn to fly sim-wise, this game is a better place to do that - postet after 5 hours playing after installation.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senilix View Post
I started with mouse-aim - It was great fun. After a year i bought myself a proper joystick setup (Saitek x 51 pro, with rudder and TrackIr5). I knew from forum that the setup would be difficuldt, and it was. I have now bought COD due to my growing interest on more sim flying. In WT there is a playerbase who use mouse, stick flying is much more difficult - spesially the aiming.

The playerbase on "serious" players are narrow, so there is a lot of bot's in sim mode, and historical battling is almost non present. A lot of things is good, the game is under development and will improve I hope. FM's, DM's and match making is not good atm, I am not sure about if they will succeed or not - I am afraid the "arcade" player base will force them to focus on a lighter game than go for full sim functionality.

I have to learn to fly sim-wise, this game is a better place to do that - postet after 5 hours playing after installation.

Welcome to the game

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5