Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

I like Italy, was enjoying beautiful cities and beaches only 2 months ago. I've spoken to a lot of people and also a Dutch business man who ran a Ferrari rent store in Maranello ( Got myself a nice ride there too ) and he told me of the rotten political world and mafia in Italy, I knew about your 'president' before but after hearing his story it was still shocking. He also told me about something which reminded me of the current situation in Belgium, a North vs South conflict and a man who wanted to build a huge wall separating Italy in 2.

Way OT now... hell I hardly speak a word Italian.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Just a quick hijacking.

My wifes grandfather was in the royal cavalry in Italy and got shot by fascist in Albany 1943. All we got is a photo of him in his uniform. Does any of you italians know where I can get more info about the different troops and their movement etc during ww2?
Hoping to id his unit and perhaps get more info about what happened. Maybe a database where I can search on name?
I know it ain't aviation but it's ww2.

Sorry for hijack.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
Just a quick hijacking.

My wifes grandfather was in the royal cavalry in Italy and got shot by fascist in Albany 1943. All we got is a photo of him in his uniform. Does any of you italians know where I can get more info about the different troops and their movement etc during ww2?
Hoping to id his unit and perhaps get more info about what happened. Maybe a database where I can search on name?
I know it ain't aviation but it's ww2.

Sorry for hijack.
In which regiment?
the 2nd should be the royal one, the "regimento cavalleria piemonte", can you confirm?

Or the 1st, "regimento Nizza"...?

Last edited by Cataplasma; 09-02-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataplasma View Post
In which regiment?
the 2nd should be the royal one, the "regimento cavalleria piemonte", can you confirm?

Or the 1st, "regimento Nizza"...?
Thanks for your reply. Dunno which regiment. Only know royal cavalry and that they were in Albany when they got the Kings word to return. The fascists wanted otherwise. Is it possible to tell from an old picture which regiment etc? Can't see any badges though.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
Thanks for your reply. Dunno which regiment. Only know royal cavalry and that they were in Albany when they got the Kings word to return. The fascists wanted otherwise. Is it possible to tell from an old picture which regiment etc? Can't see any badges though.
If you can show me the picture and tell me the name of your grandfather I can try to ask and search...
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

I need a high quality scan of the picture to identify the coat of arms