Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 07-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the clarification FC. What are those other characteristics JtD mentioned? I looked in the FMB and could not find them.. also.. I understand how doable the individual AI thing is now under the current way the QMB is modeled based on what Caspar said but after seeing what I am talking about based on what Wheels & I both have attempted to clarify would doing something like that inthe QMB be doable in the future with a template rewrite? Will the ability for us to write templates ourselves ever be a possibility?
Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
That's what I am thinking Brian.. and can someone clarify for me.. Can't we make templates now in the QMB? I thought that came in 4.10 .. or 4.11 or am I mistaken? I know we can add maps.. Adding your favorite map to the QMB.. .. but I thought we could also edit/create templates as well..
JTD wants more Target options. As it is now we are limited to the following target options in the QMB.
  • Airbase
  • Armor
  • Bridge,
  • NoneA - Plus Sign
    (Advantage Player - Enemy planes in front of you)
  • NoneD - Minus Sign
    (Disadvantage Player - Enemy planes behind you)
  • NoneN - Equals sign
    (No Advantage - Head on Pass)
  • Scramble

To fill the list completely requires a minimum of 14 templates. 7 red templates and 7 blue templates. To create any variety in any of the Target options just increases the number of templates needed. When you pick your choice of Target on the Main Page of the QMB the naming of the templates is how the QMB determines which one it needs to use so the player gets the expected experience. The QMB doesn't create the conditions when the player makes his choice on the Main page of the QMB that is up to me the template maker. If I create a Disadvantage template (NoneD) and then name it as an Advantage template (NoneA) the QMB will use it as an Advantage template.

I also want more Target options but it will require a minimum of two templates, one Blue and one Red, for each new Target option that is given to us. To keep the drop down Target list from becoming cluttered with greyed out unused options I would also think that the QMB would need to be altered so that it would only show the Target options that had templates for it in the map folder you were using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Thanks for the clarification FC. What are those other characteristics JtD mentioned? I looked in the FMB and could not find them.. also.. I understand how doable the individual AI thing is now under the current way the QMB is modeled based on what Caspar said but after seeing what I am talking about based on what Wheels & I both have attempted to clarify would doing something like that inthe QMB be doable in the future with a template rewrite? Will the ability for us to write templates ourselves ever be a possibility?
I am fairly certain the Random features JtD is mentioning are hard coded into the AI routines and can't be altered via the FMB.

Wheels
Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

Oh OK.. I was looking for options in the FMB..

After even more flying offline I have to say that 4.12 is the best incarnation of IL2 ever... and I seriously hope that whatever HSFX does with it's mod pack that everything in the stock sim and even the mod ai is not changed..
Old 07-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

I have the felling that collisions between planes have increased since patch 4.12, especially in missions with tight formations. Has anybody noticed the same?
Old 07-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri_JS View Post
I have the felling that collisions between planes have increased since patch 4.12, especially in missions with tight formations. Has anybody noticed the same?
Yep, me too. Especially when I have two flights of 4 and 2 planes. #4 and #5 collide very often.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri_JS View Post
I noticed this too but it is not regular like I can create a mission any guarantee a collision. I have also noticed that if you tell theAI to loosen the formation it is less and I actually had it work to my advantage once when two planes maneuvering to nail me collided.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

I was flying the Bombing mission with the new russian bomber and #3 flew right up my (#2) ass. Didn't even TRY to move.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM
What the heck...?

Yes, there has been a marked increase of collisions between AI machines since the new patch, especially in DCG missions where larger bomber formations can be formed, or any mission where there are large bomber formations. It's an event that occurs on virtually every mission when there are enough aircraft in the mission. Sometimes entire formations are eventually wiped out, just by collisions other over the course of the mission.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Agreed, RAAF have AI in each of our server missions and the collision rate has gone up noticeably.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

Is the collision rate related to pilot skill?