Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 04-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Default did german pilots fight with flaps?

ok im sure i will find this question pretty soon answered,as i know that many members of this forum have a real knowledge about WWII aereal combat.
easy question:did german pilots use the flaps in the bf's during fights??or only to land?im asking cause my joystick almost reached its limit of hatswitches,and if i will not need the flaps to fight with the bf, than i can leave the flaps somewhere else like on the keyboard.thx for your knowledge in advance.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

as far as I know only the americans had a few aircraft with a combat flap setting
Old 04-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

It was possible, but most pilots didn't use them as far as I know, most BF pilots didn't bother using take-off flaps, it is not something you will constantly need so yes I'd map it to your keyboard.

If you try your luck on a spitfire in a turning fight you'd might take advantage of lowering the flaps a little, but it's inadvisable to end up in such situation
Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
It was possible, but most pilots didn't use them as far as I know, most BF pilots didn't bother using take-off flaps, it is not something you will constantly need so yes I'd map it to your keyboard.

If you try your luck on a spitfire in a turning fight you'd might take advantage of lowering the flaps a little, but it's inadvisable to end up in such situation
yeah i already recognized in il2 1946 that its a pretty bad idea to turn with a spit in a bf109.