Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF-214_HaVoK View Post
I believe they will and I believe it could be one of the best things to happen to aviation sims in a long time.

S!

Yes I think a fair percentage will move on to pc and SOW

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
It is not. Please, do not confuse others.
Dagor Engine 3.0 (next-gen edition).
Old 07-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Dagor Engine 3.0 (next-gen edition).
Aha.
It is not Il-2 Engine. So BoP's quality doesn't tell anything about SoW either.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 AM
71st_Mastiff

so is it like Blazen-angeles?
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
Are you serious? BA is arcade game. Just as example, if you pull throttle down there, when flying to ground, you'll "fall" very slow.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
You obviously did not take the time to read Olegs or Luthiers response. You know what they say about assumptions dont you?

S!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:44 AM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
You obviously did not take the time to read Olegs or Luthiers response. You know what they say about assumptions dont you?

S!

never was an assumption {as·sump·tion
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈsəm(p)-shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin assumption-, assumptio taking up, from Latin assumere
Date: 13th century
1 a: the taking up of a person into heaven bcapitalized : August 15 observed in commemoration of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
2: a taking to or upon oneself <the assumption of a new position>
3: the act of laying claim to or taking possession of something <the assumption of power>
4: arrogance, pretension
5 a: an assuming that something is true b: a fact or statement (as a proposition, axiom, postulate, or notion) taken for granted
6: the taking over of another's debts, }

was a question big difference there.

[ques·tion
Pronunciation: \ˈkwes-chən, ˈkwesh-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin quaestion-, quaestio, from quaerere to seek, ask
Date: 14th century
1 a (1): an interrogative expression often used to test knowledge (2): an interrogative sentence or clause b: a subject or aspect in dispute or open for discussion : issue; broadly : problem, matter c (1): a subject or point of debate or a proposition to be voted on in a meeting (2): the bringing of such to a vote d: the specific point at issue
2 a: an act or instance of asking : inquiry b: interrogation; also : a judicial or official investigation c: torture as part of an examination d (1): objection, dispute <true beyond question> (2): room for doubt or objection <little question of his skill> (3): chance, possibility <no question of escape>]
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 12-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Approved Member

Thanks to everyone involved for bringing this game to the worldwide console gamers!!!! "Birds of Prey" looks like everything I've been waiting for and much more!

I have a huge interest WW2 history, with WW2 aviation at the top of the list. I've been reading a lot of books about the Eastern Front recently, so having a Stalingrad level is very exciting.

I am SO excited to hear that the heart of "Birds of Prey" is a simulation game. I can not tell you how long I've been waiting for a game like this to be released. The level of realism looks fantastic. Keep up the great work!

THANK YOU...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

I've wondered for a long time why consoles don't have enough flying games. I've loved them since I played F22 interceptor on sega genesis as a kid. But now I'm more into flying games that focus on realism and there just aren't many out there. Really all I've played was ace combat (maybe 2??) on PS2 and although it had it's fun parts, the ridiculous amount of missiles and the fact that you kill a huge mega weapon from your jet was just too far from reality for me to truly enjoy it. Maybe there are current flight sims that I'm not aware of though.

Reading reviews of this game and watching the trailers though has seriously been making me drool over this game. Just the fact that it has an arcade mode for most console peeps and sim mode for the true flight sim people makes this game appealing and might just fulfill my wish of having more flight sims on consoles. The plane damage, the detail of battles, planes, and landscape, and the multiplayer will make this a hit I'm sure. I can't wait to play it in sim mode from inside the cockpit without any help from the computer!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Oh man, I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
I just didn't have time to tweak and upgrade my PC anymore, so I got me an Xbox360, which is exactly what all my friends are doing too.
Well the first thing I did was to check if it had any good air combat games. Now, I'm a huge fan of original IL-2 and FB, so you can imagine how happy I am to see this news.
I'm not expecting full engine management and the works, 'cause that never was something I really enjoyed in the past either. Just a good, "realistic" flight model and weather effects is good enough!

Thank you for bringing this game for consoles! I really can't wait!!!

Mortis Rigor