Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the title change
Old 02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Spitfire Mk. I Tutorial:

Absolutely superb and incredibly helpful tutorial! I should think 1C Company would pay you to produce such a tutorial for each and every aircraft in 'Cliffs of Dover', or 'Battle of M' Sequel. Especially with the Sequel, such tutorials could be included with the Steam Download and/or DVD. These tutorials would be Far Superior to written instructions, when such instructions are even available.

Your Balloon text technique works very well. Have you ever tried doing a Voice-over narration instead of Text?

One very minor suggestion: Is it possible to move the little Mouse arrow off screen when you are not looking around the cockpit or adjusting controls? It sits out there on the right side of the screen when not in "use"...in cockpit and external views...looks a bit odd.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

I'd love to do such tutorials for BoM They know where to find me..

Yeah, the little arrow is a bit annoying, I agree. I often forget to pull it down and away, but there is a lot to think about when I do these movies. Remember, they're done in one take and live! Talk about "dogme" movie-making... I'm not Danish for nothing!

If I had the voice and coolness of Michael Caine I'd definitely do voice-over. Howver, I don't...
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Approved Member

New movie up! - This one is my entry for the Cliffs of Dover Movie Competition!

We're back in Il-2 Cliffs of Dover, back in the cockpit of the gorgeous Spitfire, and back in the air over Hawkinge Aerodrome!

I queued up with an unknown buddy on the ATAG server and well, the rest is my imagination and this movie came out of it...

The Channel map just looks splendid in the early morning light, and there are some pretty cool moments in the vid, I think. As when I fly through a hail storm of bullet casings from the other Spitfire. Low-level aerobatics over the sumptuous landscape also looks great, with the tress, shadows, bump mapping and rich textures. Not you daddy's Russian steppes...

Find it at www.flightsimvids.com (first of the "fun vids"). As always it looks its best at 1080p and in fullscreen.
(If the link acts up, just press "youtube" in the lower right corner of the screen and you will go to the youtube page)

Hope you enjoy this video and pls post a comment if you feel like it: they are a big part of why I do my movies!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
Hi all,

I put up a new movie, and this time it is a bit more useful than the fun vids I've made so far. It is my best attempt at a Spitfire Mk. I Tutorial movie.

Find the movie on my web site: www.flightsimvids.com

There is a LOT more work to making a tutorial video than to my usual vids for pure amusement, so I hope you will appreciate the effort! (Even if perhaps not the result...)

If you haven't enjoyed the superb fun that is flying with Complex Engine Management in Il-2 CoD maybe now is the time!

- The Spitfire modelled in CoD really gives a tremendous feeling of raw power wrapped inside a beautiful, streamlined aeroplane. When you master it (I'm still not quite there) you will have a great feeling of the sky belonging to you, zooming around effortlessly at the flick of a wrist and the slight push of a lever. There is heft and inertia to the plane, and it can be quite daunting to take it up, but it DOES help that one's behind is not on the line, and that the hierarchy won't have that behind served on a platter if you muck up...

I can only imagine the excitement and fear that must have gripped young recruits back then, 70-odd years ago, when they first walked out to a parked Spitfire before taking her up. Actually, I can imagine it much better now that I have flown it in CoD.

Big thanks go to 2GvSAP_Flea, who helped me a lot with the video, and whose super-impressive "Il-2 CoD Aircraft Operations Checklist" can be found on my web site as well. Also thanks to jf1981 (1C forums), whose comments and quick guide helped a lot too. I made my own quick guide (partly based on Flea's pdf and jf1981's document) and linked it at the web site too, for those who want to just jump into the Spit and get her into the air. And maybe even land...

Pls comment if you think I should correct some things in the movie, or well, if you just feel like it...
Thanks.
This type of video is very useful to me. I only ran COD a couple of times after purchase and I am only just starting again after buying a new computer.
I'm finding that the full real settings are very unforgiving.

How are you zooming to outside objects from inside the cockpit? I only seem to be able to zoom in F2 exterior view.
Using the mouse I only seem to be able to move my virtual body around (6 degrees of freedom) within the cockpit. I tried the F10 key, but it just enables/disables this view.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post

How are you zooming to outside objects from inside the cockpit? I only seem to be able to zoom in F2 exterior view....
I don't know how Freycinet Zooms, but I Zoomed with TIR, as I remember (I am needing/building a new Computer before I can return to flying COD. I've been grounded for a couple of months now.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

I set up a button on my joystick so that when I hold it down I can zoom in and out by moving my mouse backwards and forwards. It is a button function you can find in the "options" section...

This is a work-around because CoD doesn't have the obvious possibility of setting one joystick button to "zoom in" and another to "zoom out". That would be far better.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Woohoo, just passed a quarter of a million views on my youtube channel... - Pretty cool.

I have some more videos up since the last posted in this thread, you can see them at my site, linked in my sig.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Have loved watching your vids, mate. Love the stories and the tutorials are a getting me ready for when my joystick arrives.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shilling's orifice View Post
Have loved watching your vids, mate. Love the stories and the tutorials are a getting me ready for when my joystick arrives.
Lol tht one is a must. ....