Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
See Cranky,

Told you!
Skoshi come off it, I and MANY others are incredibly pissed at maddox for what they did to this community. If you wanna just get crapped on and say Please may I have some more. Than go ahead, but its about time they got some REAL management over them. I have nothing but positive things to say about RoF and 777's style, they have made me a happy customer many times over.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.80GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
Cooler: OcUK H2 Flo Extreme Cooler
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR
Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick
Saitek X36 Throttle(completely modified)
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Nice!

~S~
Old 12-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

I guess it is better than nothing, and some speculations were real.

Guud luck guys, let us see how it turns out.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
A good day for the gamers and a sad day for us simmers. Now I can sell my joystick as the mouse will be enough for the next game.
Viking
Bye! We wont miss you!!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Well can't say that I am totally suprised, guess where there was a little smoke there was some fire...
I had a feeling something might be up, when they released the final patch via Steam so quickly after RC2 came out for testing, and said that was it until the official announcement.
If there is one thing we can always count on, is there will always be change going forward. Hopefully this will be a good thing, and only time will tell.

Obviously the concept of future merged installs with CLoD, along with the current title benefitting from future development is now out the window. CLoD is now certainly a stand alone product, and we will see no future improvements unless somehow modders get involved in some way.

I am not off to a good start, as I can't seem to get registered on the new official forum. I have sent B6 an email so hopefully he can get me squared away.

Certainly a sad day for the current interation of the IL2 franchise as we know it, but hopefully better things will be on the horizon.

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
this is the worst possible news
What do you reckon?
You were wrong - once again, lol.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
BoS will have new model
Could we have a tiny bit of additional information on this?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Cranky

So it turned out that Tree_UK was telling far more truth than Luthier.... who would of thought that?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
I think it has been over for some time. I wish it were otherwise of course, but the new team at MG did not seem to be going forward with the things that they inherited. I'm more inclined to think of this as a much needed transfusion, rather than a death in the family.
To be sure, it is what it is. I'm a little suprised at the general air of optimism at this news. I have been visiting the forums of late but I'd completely missed the sense that CloD was in the coffin and has been for some time, something that seems to be generally acknowledged.

I had hoped RoF and 777 would get into 40s era combat simming, perhaps with a Flying Tigers sim, I know Jason and 777 were into that. But really, it's the death of the CloD engine and Maddox flight sims that I'm lamenting. If Zapatista's right, the RoF engine isn't going to be able to offer us the same future. But it's better than nothing. Rights to the CLoD engine might be transferred at some point and it might breath air once again.