Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 05-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

1. Maps
  2. effects
  3. sounds
make for alot of improvements
Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianfred View Post
Does this mean that TD are going to stop changing the codes just to throw a spanner in the works of the modders? I had heard that 4.11 was especially aiming to do this.
Of course I could be imagining it all....it just seems that way sometimes...

Actually, it looks as if UltraPack has already decided to split from DT. This is what StG77_HaDeS posted on the UP site:

"UP 3.0 and any future ones will be incompatible with TD's version of game. It is possible to include any interested features and/or planes but not everything like we did in 4.10.1m
The reason behind this is that we don't have the required time to re-write and/or update our addons each time TD wants to break compatibility with the "mods".
And the biggest reason is that UP will have features like AI triggers, the Jet Era, sniper gunners advanced fix, dynamic weather, more advanced Flight Model and advanced Radar (possibly with doppler effect) in the future, etc... Things that TD's version of game doesn't have and possibly never will. Even if this will be possible it will require years, just remember how it took to release the 4.10m, buggy (around 100 serious bugs) and without many features that has been announced.
And, as i say, the choice is yours. You can play whatever version you like, "stock", UP or any other pack."

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.ph...,3898.105.html

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

hi all i can not find a MODS FOLDER in 4.10.1 i have seen it before in 4.09
Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianfred View Post
Does this mean that TD are going to stop changing the codes just to throw a spanner in the works of the modders? I had heard that 4.11 was especially aiming to do this.
Of course I could be imagining it all....it just seems that way sometimes...
Of course it is only the imagination of a few paranoid guys, because it is simply not true. Thats just a bad talking.
If we change something on the code or the game anyway, it is for our own development reasons only and I find it really irritating, that anyone might get angry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviar View Post
Actually, it looks as if UltraPack has already decided to split from DT.
Which hopefully means, that they stop to include DT's work without any asking. I'd really like to see them going their own way.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Smile

And as Aviar posted, it makes sense.

Even I was against soundmods but recently with HSFX 5 it seems that the Tiger sound mod really is a step forward, original sound cannot compete in any way anymore, and I refuse to accept the old. I posted a great idea and some people agree with me, that a folder with custom sounds to be parsed by the system, could be a nice alternative for anyone who wants compatibility online and still enjoy the sounds they want. Never any reaction to it. "Can't be done" doesn't exist, it's all about the effort. Never forget why the game was hacked in the first place. And "we" are not interested in Oleg's personal preference, he once wrote he very much liked the sounds as they were, well ... that's all fine and dandy, but it doesn't explain the energy that has been put in to replace them all. Almost every aspect of IL2 has evolved since 2001, but the last real change with the sounds occurred with the introduction of Forgotten Battles, 2003. And the game was hacked in 2006. And all this time it "seems" both Maddox Games and TD never wanted to listen to the community. Wouldn't be nice if the sound system got an overhaul for a change? If people want to hear Star Wars lasers or maybe the knights who say NI instead of guns, it's their preference. Create a folder where people can dump their own samples and if there aren't any, you hear stock. Couldn't affect online if done properly.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post

Which hopefully means, that they stop to include DT's work without any asking. I'd really like to see them going their own way.
I don't agree with your statement but I don't have the time left to elaborate right now. TD's work is as much important as the work done by other teams/modders. I very much respect your work as I do the things done by other people. "We" don't want two different games, "we" want the best of all. Communication is the key, and I feel 1C/Maddox Games finally has given us a way to close the gap. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone puts away past differences and see the broader picture?
Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Unfortunately the picture is much broader than you think. No time to eloborate either.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 05-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Approved Member

Do you think this will make mods more probably to be incorporated into IL2 patches?
Old 05-13-2011, 03:57 AM
Approved Member

Talking

I think any past bad feelings should be dropped if we want this thread to work

anyway .. I want WWI aircraft in IL-2 engine .. know it can be done effectively because Oleg told me so

I *know* it would breath some fresh air into the sim, would be popular with 1000s of pilots .. there is some work being done at SAS .. just trying to get interest going where ever I can

Former ( and the few current ) Red Baron 3D players would love it, many came into IL-2 over the last 2 years hoping WWI in IL-2 would get done, and there are many in RoF displeased with some gameplay values .. there isn't even a good way to score games in RoF !
Old 05-13-2011, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf-110 View Post
Do you think this will make mods more probably to be incorporated into IL2 patches?
The shitty franken-stuff; models, stolen from other games; dubious FM changes; Grummann-related stuff (no matter how high quality it is); non-WWII related stuff, etc. - definitely NOT.

As for the high quality models, well thought and well designed code changes, well documented and well tested FM changes, quality maps and other high quality stuff - anyone could add this before without a problem by contacting DT and will be able do this in future.

So, basically, the changes in rules of this forum have nothing to do with DT or 1C:MG vision of the further game development.