Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 05-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Question Mods discussion, links, etc

I see Nearmiss has posted a sticky saying that discussion of mods is now permitted on this forum. Can I take it that it is ok to post links to the mod sites themselves? If so, another sticky with the leading ones (Ultrapack, SAS etc) would be useful.

As Nearmiss says, we shouldn't misuse this so can I make a personal request that everyone tries to avoid negative comments on mod pack FMs etc, and on all the other issues that have led to so much acrimony. Regardless of past issues, 'Classic' IL-2 modding is here to stay, and shows real signs of reaching a more stable and consistent state. Cliffs of Dover seems to have been designed right from the start to be more 'open', so the difference between 'stock' and 'mods' becomes largely an online server issue, rather than anything more fundamental. I think all this suggests that we can put past debates behind us, and work towards producing better sims.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

I guess, they are just too lazy to divide this topic between IL-2 and CoD. A bad choise IMHO.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Nothing lazy about it.

There is a sticky thread saying the same thing on the BOB COD and the IL2 Sturmovik forums respectively.

----------------------------------

At this point there is no restriction on links, which may change.

----------------------------------

Abuses--- well, we don't at this point know how creative abusers can be.

So, this is a wait and observe thing.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Ok, lets start with a couple of obvious links:

UltraPack: http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php
The most popular online mod pack - some rather large downloads, and they are just about to release version 3.0, so you may do better to wait for that, rather than downloading the current version.

SAS: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php
The site of chouce for the majority of modders, these days. They have their own Modactivator for custom mod setups - preferable if you only want to install a few mods, or like to tinker.

Both sites expect you to have at least at some technical competence regarding computers, and SAS can be a bit snappy at newcomers asking questions that have already been answered - search first. And don't spam the forums with requests to make this or that mod, or asking 'when it will be ready' - the answer is always going to be 'when it is done'.

Even if you aren't actually interested in installing mods yourself, I'd take a look at some of the things that SAS have done - helicopters, post-war jets etc. Most of their current mods will be going into the new UltraPack version too.

Last edited by AndyJWest; 05-12-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: corrected UltraPack link
Old 05-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

Well,I will post some videos of very violent modding,quite revolutionary.Thought most of those mods are nearly senseless for a WWII sim.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Global Moderator

Red face

I just never get it

The dramatic music and no aircraft sounds.

Sorry, but all the drama I get on the Tele...is beyond my saturation level.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

Great ! Here is a link to Claymore's rework of 3D and cockpits of the Fw190s.

They should be implemented in UP3.0 I think.

External 3D :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=161614

Cockpits :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=156711

You'll like the details he put in all the aircrafts ! With nearly everything working inside ! I'm amazed at what he did.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

This is wonderful, I think this is one of the ways to close the gap between the communities.

I think most people want mods, if implemented correctly. Everyone here's happy with the mods that were included with 4.09/4.10, they were just being called mods until absorbed in the official patches.

Imagine everyone working together to create a unified package with the least amount of bugs, solidifying IL2's name for the many years to come. This could be a great way of advertising CoD as well, if people see how dedicated and professional modding is done on this platform. It could even attract new technologies for upgrading the IL2 engine that were unknown in the past. And it's not going to harm CoD, because that's the future. If 1C embraces all the talent that currently works on IL2, for sure the talent will stay for CoD!

I can dream, can I?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Ok, lets start with a couple of obvious links:

UltraPack: UltraPack: http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php
The most popular online mod pack - some rather large downloads, and they are just about to release version 3.0, so you may do better to wait for that, rather than downloading the current version.

SAS: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php
The site of chouce for the majority of modders, these days. They have their own Modactivator for custom mod setups - preferable if you only want to install a few mods, or like to tinker.

Both sites expect you to have at least at some technical competence regarding computers, and SAS can be a bit snappy at newcomers asking questions that have already been answered - search first. And don't spam the forums with requests to make this or that mod, or asking 'when it will be ready' - the answer is always going to be 'when it is done'.

Even if you aren't actually interested in installing mods yourself, I'd take a look at some of the things that SAS have done - helicopters, post-war jets etc. Most of their current mods will be going into the new UltraPack version too.

And let us not forget HSFX
Old 05-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

HSFX -> More geared for SEOW
UP (contains content from SAS, HSFX) -> More geared for public dogfight servers