Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > King's Bounty Editor

King's Bounty Editor Info, hints, questions and etc.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Compatability with King's Bounty: The Legend

Is it feasible/have the devs considered making KB: The Legend compatible with the Crossworlds editor? Perhaps even be able to play it with Crossworlds?

I for one would love to be able to play through The Legend with Crossworlds engine, or even at least be able to use the resources of The Legend in the editor.

EDIT: Hmm can't edit the title or delete and remake thread. I misspelled compatibility ;x oh well.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

I believe we'd all love that to happen.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
I believe we'd all love that to happen.
Yes. lol...
Old 01-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Well, I did manage to open The Legend campaign with the Editor, but no luck playing it on Crossworlds no matter what I do, just reports some error like "Call stack function".
By the way, most of the Legend's resources are in the editor, or am I mistaken?
Old 01-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeking77 View Post
Well, I did manage to open The Legend campaign with the Editor, but no luck playing it on Crossworlds no matter what I do, just reports some error like "Call stack function".
By the way, most of the Legend's resources are in the editor, or am I mistaken?

Oh, I mostly wanted the maps themselves in the editor. I haven't gotten around to seeing if the spirits of rage work.

I'm having trouble opening in the editor, how did you do it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to open in the editor. And in the game as well. So far though the problems I've encountered are that you start off as Princess Amelie in Greenwort (not as Bill Gilbert in the training school), npc names are missing (or rather not referring to what they should), the wrong intro movie plays, and the minimap is covered in red light.

I'm only really puzzled as to how to get the character to be Bill Gilbert I guess, since selecting Bill Gilbert's custom files in the editor still seems to make it Princess Amelie.

EDIT2: And I got everything else to work too, logic units and all. It certainly takes a bit of reading to get used to the editor. Only the names are missing, which would probably require a lot of going through files or a lot of going through each actor name and changing it. One day I'll get back to this and also see if the spirits work too.

Last edited by fillyra; 01-17-2011 at 08:11 PM.