Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Question IL-2 breakes on a rudder axe??

Ok, maybe the title it's not clear... but i'm wondering if is possible to map the brakes on a 50% travel of a joy axe...
example :
I have a rudder on the throttle stick that i don't use anymore cause i use pedals... the rudder of course is centered, i want map the travel of the slider from 50% to 100% that react like 0% to 100% of the brakes in the game so when i "turn right it applies brakes"... i don't think it is possible... some suggestions?
Hope the question is clear...

thanks
Alberto
Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
Ok, maybe the title it's not clear... but i'm wondering if is possible to map the brakes on a 50% travel of a joy axe...
example :
I have a rudder on the throttle stick that i don't use anymore cause i use pedals... the rudder of course is centered, i want map the travel of the slider from 50% to 100% that react like 0% to 100% of the brakes in the game so when i "turn right it applies brakes"... i don't think it is possible... some suggestions?
Hope the question is clear...

thanks
Alberto
Sure it is possible - you only need joycontrol.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Sure it is possible - you only need joycontrol.
i have it but couldn't figure how can you explain thanks?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
i have it but couldn't figure how can you explain thanks?

Map the brakes ingame to the axis you want to.

then open joycontrol, find the brakes - and adjust the curve(all 0 to 50% of travel, from there adjust it to a steep curve up to 100%.

Honestly I don't have brakes mapped on the stick, but that's how I guess it should work.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Map the brakes ingame to the axis you want to.

then open joycontrol, find the brakes - and adjust the curve(all 0 to 50% of travel, from there adjust it to a steep curve up to 100%.

Honestly I don't have brakes mapped on the stick, but that's how I guess it should work.
i already tried it but don't work... the brakes just are applied at 50% to 100% when full pressed... only the stepping curve is different
Old 10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
i already tried it but don't work... the brakes just are applied at 50% to 100% when full pressed... only the stepping curve is different
at 50% travel of the axis - the brake slam in with 100%?

why don't you post a screenshot of your settings(curve)?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

You need glovepie to run this script and you need ppjoy to set up a virtual joystick. After you set up a virtual joystick in ppjoy, you need to map one of its virtual axis to the brakes in the settings.ini file (IL-2 game file). It should something like this:

[HotKey move]
AXE_RZ JoystickDevice3=brakes

Joystickdevice3 refers to the numbering that Windows assigns to game controllers. It starts at 0 and increases incrementally. You can tell from this i have 3 real controllers (devices #0, #1, and #2, my joystick and 2 gamepads) and 1 virtual controller, #3). Go to windows game controllers in the control panel. You will see a list of what you have connected. It is listed in numerical order from top to bottom, 0,1,2,3...etc. Wherever your virtual joystick lies in this list is the number it is assigned.

Here is the glovepie script that does what you want. Copy/paste/save to glovepie and run when you play the game. I tested in game and it works. When you turn the twist rudder to the left, nothing happens, the brake is off. When the rudder sits at center, the brake is off. When you twist it to the right, the brake is applied proportionally. PPJoy1.Analog3 would be the Z axis of my virtual joystick as shown in ppjoy. Joystick1.roll is the glovepie identifier for my real joystick rudder action. Most likely your 3d joystick will be recognized the same as mine is in glovepie. If not, you will have to use the glovepie debug command to find how glovepie recognizes your rudder action on your twist joystick, and then subsitute that identifier for where I have joystick1.roll in the script. But it will probably work ok if it is standard 3d joystick.

GlovePieScript
if joystick1.roll <=0 then
var.brake=-1
elseif joystick1.roll >0 then
var.brake=(2*(joystick1.roll))-1
endif
PPJoy1.Analog3=var.brake