Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Default In danger of giving this up

Hi all,

Am on normal, level 19 Mage atm and in serious danger of giving this game up. Problem is I have none of the better spells - turn back time, resurrection, divine armour - and am now at the point where every fight is lethal/impossible. I have trolls, cyclops, assasins, royal griff and inquisitors or a variety of other stuff. Have no more trolls/cyclops available as I only found a few. Can't upgrade any items because the fights invovled are pretty ridiculously overpowered.

I have seen a few paladins but not many. Not trying to do a timed game or no loss, just want to have fun.

Problem is it is now becoming a real slugathon, big stacks of say royal snakes are just taking too long to kill before they start killing my troops off.

Any tips or advice? Am I doing something drastically wrong? I don't want to play a perfectly managed game of losing no troops etc - not my idea of enjoyment - but this is now becoming a chore rather than fun.

Cheers
Old 05-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

¿? U cant advance / fight strong enemies with that units?? dude, u have a serious lack of strategy / skills. Royal Griffins and summoned avenging guards are one of the most cheat units on the game, use em and u cant lose dude. With that army u have, u should not have ANY problem. If u cant do a no losses battle with that army or just a battle without losing more than a few units, then u really dont know how to play this game, or u just lack of completely strategic methods. Playing with mage is harder, but on normal mode the game is too easy. Dont be afraid on fighting lethal / very strong troops, use avenging guards of royal griffins to move em at the center of the battle and use rangers to kill stack of enemies. And use cyclops as a melee unit too, not only at range. But i am amazed that with that troops u say u cant advance... O_o (i only play on impossible and the game turned too easy ..). If your problems are too strong, start again with a warrior til u know the basics of the game and the basic strategies.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Hmm well what I'm saying is for instance fighting Zig Zag, I can't stop losing things because he does lightning or the pillars of water thing. Kills trolls and there's nothing i can see that I can do about that? What would others do to stop the effeect of hero's magic?

Maybe my earlier post was out of frustration but I don't see how using royal griffins and summoned ones 'can't lose'. Why? They aren't that great, they die pretty quick.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

don't listen to nemesis

i think i know your problem or at least i give u a good shot at it

the problem is u got alot of level 5 units which is costing extremely lot of high leadership(which in results makes your army weak)

sure level 5 units are strong
but they also don't come in high numbers

for simple calculation

what would be better 2 trols or 50 royal snakes?
royal snakes big time ^^

try to swap some of the level 5 units for level 3 or 4 units

royal snakes for the trolls for sure

cyclopes are just a medi core unit it's better to use paladins

demonologist if avabile is also good
assasins are very bad royal snakes own assasins easily
(this is deu to leadership wise)

hope this helps u a bit

Old 05-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

It is supossed hes asking for advice using the army he got now, and the problem is not he got too many level 5 units (i can kill zag zag on impossible with trolls, cyclops or watever i want with no losses), the problem is that he need to play according the army he got. If u have trolls, for god sake, wait til the night and they automatically recover health on every turn. And its impossible zag zag kill your trolls if u play at night. In that case trolls are faaaaar better than royal snakes if u wisht to comprate both. And apply stone skin on trolls, use the defense spells. Paladins better than cyclops?? if u want no losses against zag zag or minimal, cyclops+stone skin owns, and is better choice. Assasins very bad?? lol.. Razorflame i think u are talking of another game...
Old 05-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

not really

paladins can give another unit an extra turn which is great

royal snake got a distant attack and no retalitation

assasins can only use their ranged attack once and they have to kill a stack before they can reuse it not worth it
royal snakes way cheaper and strong

in large quantiies royal snakes can kill a troll in 1 hit
give them another turn from paladins and another troll goes down

sure they are nice at night and cyclops too

but that is if u understand the game better

like u said yourself he doesn't utilize his units abilities

so why let him use it?
give him sometihng else that CAN work for him
Old 05-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

drambuie, try using the droids on Bolo (sometimes spelled Bola). Buy a stack of guard droid and repair droids, and split the repair droids in half. Put any other troops you got in castle or reserve.

Put stoneskin on guard droid and let the enemies focus on it, while your repair droids fly around, shoot and repair. Use your spells and pet dragon to their fullest.

The droids can give you no loss battles even when vastly outnumbered (like 200 vs 2000).
Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, you are definitely not using good strategies if you struggle as Mage in Normal mode. Unless I am facing stacks with low mobility and low range power, I'd prefer going around with a single level 5 stack (either dragons or trolls).

Against bosses or stacks with high range damage potential, I'd cast Invisibility on my single stack and then cast Demon Portal + Mana Spring over the next few rounds. As long as you keep the enemies pre-occupied with the summoned creeps (recast invisibility if needed), you can defeat most armies without casualties. This should hold especially true in Normal mode.

Alternatively, you can also opt for nuking the sh1t out of the enemies with Fire Rain/Fire Ball/Ice Snake. Since this is Normal mode, you should easily be able to wipe out the enemy within a few rounds.

Of course, this is assuming you have the right and spells skills learned... For example, a viable Mage should at least have:
- Maxed Order, Distortion, Chaos magic
- High Magic (as many levels as possible)
- Summoner (as many levels as possible)
- Invisibility spell
- Mana Spring spell (maxed)
- At least one of Fireball, Ice Snake, and Fire Rain spell (maxed)
- Demon Portal spell (maxed)
- Trap spell

Spells like Time Back, Resurrection, and Divine Armour are actually not a necessity.

As for your lineup, I'd dump Cyclops and Assassins. Trolls should also be dumped except for the occasion of using one-stack strategies. As many suggested, Royal Snakes are good. Paladins are also decent. With the right items, a Dwarf (Alchemist, Foreman, Soldier, Cannoneer, Miner) or Undead lineup (Necromancer, Ancient Vampire, Dark Knight, Bone Dragon, any other Dragon) will also be very powerful. If you ever come across any Dragons, you should also get a few.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Smile

@ Drambuie,

With all those level 4-5 units, all you need to do is spam your "Fear" spell. On the first round, try to kill Zig Zag's 2 trolls with fire arrow or something, then start casting "Fear" on all the remaining stacks. (Do you have higher magic?)
Once all of Zog Zag's units are under the influence of the "Fear" spell, he won't be able to have his turn and therefore won't be able to cast "Geyser" and "lightening".
Old 05-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingoz View Post
@ Drambuie,

With all those level 4-5 units, all you need to do is spam your "Fear" spell. On the first round, try to kill Zig Zag's 2 trolls with fire arrow or something, then start casting "Fear" on all the remaining stacks. (Do you have higher magic?)
Once all of Zog Zag's units are under the influence of the "Fear" spell, he won't be able to have his turn and therefore won't be able to cast "Geyser" and "lightening".
yup, thats another reason that using level 5 units in the right strategy are best instead of low level troops. Fear is a cheap spell, and is essential when u are using level 5 stacks.

I still prefer cyclops instead paladins, only a few troops will target cyclops, while paladins are always 1st or 2nd troop on being attacked.

Trolls + Cyclops + Fear + night fight = u cant lose.

Everyone's here only recommends units that can only be adquired on later island, thats useless while hes asking for kill zag zag ¿?.

And if u going to choose between royal snakes or assasins.. i prefer assasins.

Last edited by N3MES1S; 05-31-2010 at 03:24 PM.