Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

Yes, I landed like this a few times, however, have not been able to take off afterwards. I was on line goofing around with a friend and he landed with one gear torn off, came to a complete stop, then took off. he spun around when he WEPd it for takeoff, but quickly wobbled and got straight then lifted off. I can not remember what plane he was in though..
Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
The goal is obviously to capture the airfield. At the start of a match, when you see a teammate landing, it's wise to see if you can shoot down some enemies over the airfield or, more importantly someone landing. Once you've captured the airfield your main goal is to shoot anyone that looks like he's landing. If the enemy captured the airfield it's tricky to regain it, especially in 2v2, and even more so if the spawn timer isn't set high. Usually I'd say, land with 2 people or more, but well, since you're with only 2, your best bet would be to take out the enemy person that tries to bomb/rocket/vulch your mate the most, giving him a chance to land. Be careful though, if you see he doesn't land at all, the task is up to you.
Thanks for the CTA lesson AS! I'll give it a try again this weekend...
Old 10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

CTA is my favorite on line game play. I have to admit that I have become quite good at CTA. I don't typically brag, but since I suck so bad in air to air battles, I will brag over my landings, and strike competence, lol..

Anyway, I played my first CTA the other day in SIM mode, and even thought I was not optimistic about it in SIM, I had a freaking BLAST, and it adds so much more in SIM mode. Since it is ALL visual (as it was back in the era), it is challenging and fun as hell to seek out a foe that is landed. On the other hand, it is a hoot to hide from them when you are on the ground. Buzzing the airfield trying to spot a foe was simply fun. When the tables turned, and I took my landing, taxi around and find yourself a good hiding spot that will camoflage your aircraft from seeking eyes of the enemy is also a challenge, and a fun one... It was truly fun, and I wish I could convince me regular team to play SIM more, but they are scared to...ahhah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeFan View Post
Thanks for the CTA lesson AS! I'll give it a try again this weekend...