Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 02-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

Default King Tiger Armor

First of all I love this game and I play it every day along with Il-2 sturmovik. But one thing is going on my nerve, how can Cromwell or sherman (wtf?!) break through my front King Tiger armor? I really dont understand it its nonsense.

Also I am expiriencing problems with seeing things. In Soldiers heroes of world war 2 I can see things better (who is where and who is who) but in Men of War I cannot. Thats why I like Soldiers a little more... any suggestions on this maybe?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Are you playing the Bonus mission in Vernon? The King Tiger you get on that mission has a weak spot right smack in the center of the front of the hull so yeah it dies to ANYTHING bigger then a Garand bullet. The King Tiger there is the Porsche/Krupp King Tiger(has the roundish turret). The other one doesnt have that problem and is for all practical purposes invincible. However, it has amaing front armor but its side is rather weak. Perhaps pay closer attention and see if maybe you weren't hit in the side. I have never lost a King Tiger to a frontal hit besides that one. In the GSM FOH2 mod though, they fixed the King Tiger's frontal armor problem, i took thier pz6b file from the mod hahah.....I like the look of the Pz6b over the Pz6bh, the roundish turret looks sweet as does its winter skin.

As for seeing things, there is the 'highlight units button' its the little button with the blue and red sillouhette on. Its at the bottom of the list to the right of the soldier portraits.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

Yes, you are right Fandragon, I was playing a bonus mission Vernon. Sometimes I got Tiger I and simetimes I got King Tiger in that mission (don't know why, first time I got Tiger I and since then there is always King Tiger). But anyway 75mm was weak for side armor of the Tiger also...

Do you have Teamspeak 3 and microphone? We can play it multiplayer if you like...also I tryed to install that dynamic campaign generator I stuck at this "save folder", extracting all maps... it gives me some error I don't know why
Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Approved Member

Yeah the Tiger I in this game has a weak spot all along its front bumper......the section below the driver slit and hull mg, that flat spot....its weak, so yeah the Porsche KT and Tiger I in this game are garbage due to that weakness....
Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Do you know a mod where I can correct this error? Or I could mod it for myself?

Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-13-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

The GSM Fields of Honor 2 mod has a corrected King Tiger hull, as for the Tiger I I dont know how or where to fix this otherwise im sure I would have atleast tried lolz. I took the pz6b file from FoH2, which is the Porsche King Tiger. I dont know how to fix the Tiger I. It makes that tank pretty much useless though.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

One more thing.
I remember fixing heavy messed up and damaged tanks in Soldiers HOWW2... is this possible in Men of War? As I expirience it, it is not and I miss it. Can I change it somehow to be like in the old good times?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
One more thing.
I remember fixing heavy messed up and damaged tanks in Soldiers HOWW2... is this possible in Men of War? As I expirience it, it is not and I miss it. Can I change it somehow to be like in the old good times?
It's not as common as in SHoWW2 but is still possible. One good way is to knock out the turret, that gets out the crew and leaves the tank repairable. I remember(in SHoWW2) trying to capture as many vehicles as I could and collecting them like trophy's.