Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick View Post
Problem:

I purchased BOB COD from Steam and had it installed, but I found I could not view Pilots or Aircraft, and hitting fly caused me to CTD and just had sound running.

Solution:

IF you bought the game off Steam (maybe other Digital Downloads too) as I did, you will need to:

1) Browse to your game folder and find the folder 'redist'.

I found mine here :C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist

2) Try running the Direct X installer. ( This was the problem for me, but I had tried running other installers in there too).

(Thanks to whoever originally posted this elsewhere, but seeing as I could not find it in this thread, here it be).

Cheers
I have the same hardware configuration as you and have been following you through the threads. Thanks for posting the above, but I still get CTD (with sound) on entering the mission. My driver was 266.58 and have tried 267.76, is CoD working for you and which driver do you have.

PS. should I be running any other of the installers in the redist folder.

Last edited by Wavetop; 03-31-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
I have this from somebody else who mentioned it in a thread, unfortunately did not keep his name (nor the thread):

I have a strange problem with the patched version:
I have to turn Grass OFF because I run WinXP. Since, the sea looks very strange: [...]

I hope this helps some WinXP users like me....
At least that helped me - thanks for sharing!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Thanks to all who have posted on these pages, I had the CTD with sound when entering the mission. I have applied the conf.ini fix to set D 10 to D 09, selected forest OFF to fix the sea graphic problem, updated out of the 266.xx driver series. So over the initial problems and up and running, now have to start on FPS issues.

I know this is frustrating for some, but I remember the old days of trying to squeeze memory out of the 512K available, to get games to work, so this is not good, however, I expect it will be worth the effort.

System Information :
Toshiba Satellite P500 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Dual Core 2.27 Ghz 2267 Mhz
nVidia GeForce GT 330M 1 Gb, driver 267.76
Ram 4 Gb
Old 04-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
Can someone pleas confirm how to show fps in game?

I am getting the console up and typing

Fps start show

Very new to this. How/what is console to input text?
Where do you find any help files?

I found some game folders under My Docus which I thought was strange - install did not offer opportunity to allocate to a location.

System
Asus P7P55D LE
i5-720 CPU
4g ram
Gig GT240
Win 7 - 64 Bit
Old 04-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Jagr View Post
Can people post their conf.ini and conf2.ini files
I assume you mean conf.ini & confs.ini

I had read that Steam was over-writing changes that people made in their conf files, but I can't see reference to that here. Does that mean you simply edit your conf files in the same way as with IL2?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Here's how to remove the annoying 7 second Ubisoft-logo video which plays every time you launch CoD.

In your Steam folder, go to "SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI".

(for me, the full path of this folder is "E:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI", but that's because I have my steam folder on a separate hard disk partition. Most people would replace the "E:\" with "C:\".)

You will find a bunch of files, one of which is called "Logo" (or "Logo.wmv" depending on whether your PC shows filetype extensions). Rename it to something else. Don't delete it just in case you are crazy enough to want it back one day. When the game is next launched, it'll look for "Logo.wmv" and, when it fails to find a file with that exact name, it'll just skip showing the video.

It's just a minor tweak but personally I found that it was annoying to have to watch the logo video every time I re-launched CoD to try out new settings! Plus, frankly, the less I am reminded about Ubisoft's involvement in this sim the better
Old 04-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Good find!
Old 04-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHarris View Post
Here's how to remove the annoying 7 second Ubisoft-logo video which plays every time you launch CoD.
Thanks! Great tip!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

+1
Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Are you not bored typing fps SHOW START every time?

I realised we have many new members who are not able to sing the two pages of conf.ini by heart (shame!) so you may find this of use:

In the same directory as the conf.ini (the famous MyDocuments/ etc etc...)
Find the file RCU
Open it with the text editor
at the bottom add following lines of text:

@a aa fps SHOW START

@a ab fps HIDE STOP

aa

save and close

From now on, if during the game you decide to start the fps display, press Shift-TAB, type aa press enter, exit with Shift-TAB. The fps measurement will appear on your screen. (of course, if you have a Console Information Window open, you can type the commands there)
To remove it, repeat the procedure typing ab
The last line aa in the RCU file spares you from all the work, with it every time you start the game you have thefps measurement displayed automaticaly (you can remove it of course if you do not want this).

Since I have this strange feeling that we will spend the next months talking fps, it may prove a little handy

Happy Flying (ehem, Testing...)

~S~

Last edited by 335th_GRAthos; 04-05-2011 at 06:23 PM.