Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
"We obviously remain hard at work on the series. We will continue to improve the game up until the eventual release of its sequel."

Above is an extract from your last update, as expected from such a sentence there is muttering in the ranks about what this actually means.

Could you give us an insight into the future of Cliffs of Dover and Battle for Moscow!

Will the sequel be a standalone, addon or will it be both?
Excellent question Krupi (which I have actually asked Ilya before and received no response). I'm rapidly losing faith in CoD ever representing a convincing or immersive representation of the BoB without extensive community intervention (IE Mission builders, modding etc).

It seems one of the most pivotal battles in History (fact) may just be a 1c 'test lab' now, reduced to the status of Guinea pig....which is a shame. Tossing this into the 'that'll do' bin would be a mistake on their part. Please prove me wrong. Surely all new developments/features in 'Battle for Moscow' will be applicable to CoD, too? Madness to think otherwise, but these days I sadly find myself second guessing everything they do.

Last edited by RCAF_FB_Orville; 10-19-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling and addendum
Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
Excellent question Krupi (which I have actually asked Ilya before and received no response). I'm rapidly losing faith in CoD ever representing a convincing or immersive representation of the BoB without extensive community intervention (IE Mission builders, modding etc).

It seems one of the most pivotal battles in History (fact) may just be a 1c 'test lab' now, reduced to the status of Guinea pig....which is a shame.
In all seriousness, I think you just nailed it.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

Well,
i'm no native english speaker but what i find disturbing is phrasing of ' ... eventual release of its sequel'.

To me this sounds different to what was said in the past:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24692

Is this a first hint that the series may be cancelled?!?
I hope not ...
Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
All problems will be fixed when we buy the sequel...
Promise
He he,you jester you .........actually,personally speaking I will support this game all the way,but if they don't fix the age old problems like the comms and AI etc,they won't be receiving anymore cash from me as regards sequels that follow this.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 10-19-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

It seems one of the most pivotal battles in History (fact) may just be a 1c 'test lab' now, reduced to the status of Guinea pig....which is a shame. Tossing this into the 'that'll do' bin would be a mistake on their part. Please prove me wrong. Surely all new developments/features in 'Battle for Moscow' will be applicable to CoD, too? Madness to think otherwise, but these days I sadly find myself second guessing everything they do.
+1 to what uther said; you nailed it mate.
IMHO, the BoB side of this series will only truly come into its own once the community can work their magic. Dedicated groups working on areas such as the terrain, weather, effects etc could truly lift this game to new realms, as well as offering the users a lot of choice in how their game plays and looks.
Roll on the SDK('s)!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Let's just say I wont be standing outside the local games shop waiting for it to open the next time. I'll just let the rest of you do the guinea pig ride the next time around.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Let's just say I wont be standing outside the local games shop waiting for it to open the next time. I'll just let the rest of you do the guinea pig ride the next time around.
If we ever get to that....
Old 10-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

I hope too, that the BoB 1940 szenario will be extended in its content and will not be dropped with the release of the successor BoM 1941. It would be a shame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdown42 View Post
Well,
i'm no native english speaker but what i find disturbing is phrasing of ' ... eventual release of its sequel'.
Moin Touchdown,

english meaning of eventual is not our meaning of eventuell...

eventually = finally => schlußendlich
Old 10-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

I think (and mostly HOPE) that the sequel of IL-2 Cliffs of Dover will be the same as IL-2 plus all expansions like Pacific Figthers etc.

It's the most logic thing.

Would be useless to have, let's say, 5 different IL-2 without being able to fly (for example) a FW190 on the Channel, creating new battle's scenarios etc.

Let's hope.

S!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Why is that such a big problem? As has been said many times - it was possibly a choice of releasing CloD as was or never seeing it let alone any sequel. No doubt the plan is to get CloD properly sorted as quickly as possible to the developers and players satisfaction and once the engine is fully working, as I am sure it will be then other theatres can be released as per the original IL-2 series. This makes perfect sense if you really want CloD to carry on in the MG tradition which in turn is dependent on financial success.

If you want to call the sim a test bed and players guinea pigs then fine. The Battle of Britain is a perfect scenario for this. It was relatively short, contained in a small area and had a limited plane set. Apart from us Brits who see it as a major conflict up there with Agincourt, Trafalgar and Waterloo, the rest of the world see it as a rather minor side show. Once it is fully working and has good reviews then the important theatres will be grabbed by serious and not so serious simmers everywhere.

And you people don't fool anyone with your righteous indignation and threats of never touching a Maddox offering again. Everyone on this forum is absolutely wetting themselves for Clod to come good and when it does they will empty thier piggy banks quicker than a stoat on steroids to have the Battle for Moscow or the Mediterranian or whatever will come next.