Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

Type of improvement: Multiplayer Control Config Profiles

Explanation of proposals: On the Multiplayer Client screen where you pick a server to join, add the ability to pick a 'Profile' of mapped control configs to use on a specific server. A drop down box next to the server with the ability to also remember the server and use the last profile you used on that server.

Benefits: If you play on different type of servers you might want to have your keys mapped differently on a perticular server. 1 Example could be; A realism server vs a server with External views.. On the External view servers I like to have the different External Camera keys mapped to my joystick when on a realism server i want those buttons on the joystick mapped to other things.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Type of improvement:
Sounds: Buffets wind and prop sounds wind..
Pilot views Need to be more forward

Explanation of proposals:
Sounds: this need to be much louder, While flying even if you cut or lower your engine throttle the aircraft should be very noisy inside the cockpit for sure. ( in RL )
Pilot View: The F1 position is a good pilot position while flying but it is locked at it is now. pilot eyes should be re-positioned OR unlock the axis limits F1 position .
( Pilot head should be more forward )

Benefits:
More realism. Please see work samples by me done on RoF Here..

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/

Last edited by GOZR; 12-14-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Type of improvement: Make the “Direct Connect” feature in multiplayer function correctly.

Explanation of proposals: At the moment the Direct Connect feature in Multiplayer does not work if Steam (the service) is not working, what is the point of having a direct connect if it is tied to Steam? Make the Direct Connect function where you can connect directly to a server even if Steam is not functioning or is disabled.

Benefits: This allows online players to continue to join and play on servers if Steam is not working.

JD
AKA_MattE
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB
MSI R7970 OC
ATI Catalyst 12.3
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W
COOLER MASTER HAF 932

MajorBoris
"Question: Do you forum more than you fly?"

raaaid
"i love it here makes me look normal"
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
You can do this currently, albiet without a pull down menu in the server screen. Set up your single player controls, and choose Save As..., name it something, then set up your Multiplayer controls, again Save As..., and name it something else. Now, when you change plane types or whatever, you just go to Controls, Load, pick the one you want, and after it opens, hit Apply.
Yes i know.. which why it would be more plausible to add this feature to make switching your controls easier
Old 12-15-2011, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

Type of improvement: Gameplay (Campaign)

Explanation: of proposals: Add the campaign format of the original Red Baron simulator (the best flight simulator campaign I have ever played). For COD, this would mean in offline campaign mode, being able to first lead a flight, then lead a section then a squadron. Also it would mean getting the ability to get the best new planes' features first (metal ailerons, semi-no negative g cutout, pick of the best aircraft in the squadron (it performs a little bit better than others, climbs a little faster than others, has tighter controls, etc.). Thirdly, you would be able to choose a personal airplane marking as well as choose the pilots who fly with you.

Benefits: This would add more fun to COD, get higher magazine reviews and get more customers to buy the product so you can make more money.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-15-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

hi, just one question :
Luthier said : the 08-30-2011
Quote:
Following that, we have other things in the works. We are finally ready to start knocking out SDKs, with the map making SDK being the first one you’ll see – quite soon, too! We’ll release more details on that, and on the plane-making SDK, after the upcoming beta patch is fully tested and goes live.
and the 10-17-2011 :
Quote:
5. SDK. As promised earlier, still planning to release a map-making SDK in the near future. More details will be released when we are ready for them.
My question :
how about the SDK have you more details to give us ?

Last edited by Gourmand; 12-15-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Type of improvement:

1st person bailout view and realistic bailouts with ability to look around when descending in a parachute.

Rather than popping out of the aircraft you see the whole jumping sequence.

Bailouts have to be done by the book or risk having a tail strike etc.

The ability to look around while descending in a parachute.

Benefits:

All three will add to a persons immersion in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Type of improvement:

1st person bailout view and realistic bailouts with ability to look around when descending in a parachute.

Rather than popping out of the aircraft you see the whole jumping sequence.

Bailouts have to be done by the book or risk having a tail strike etc.

The ability to look around while descending in a parachute.

Benefits:

All three will add to a persons immersion in the game.
+1 good one
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

Type of improvement:

mission editor

Put enemy or friends aircraft on-standby in the airfields for take-off for a condition.

Benefits:

Some examples: i have a hurricane, and if i can't shot down some bombers, when they are close to a determinated city (a circle in the mission editor around the city), a condition makes hurricanes take off for intercept this bombers.

this tool can implement for a very dinamic mission, when you have to bomb a objetive, and in every enemy airfields have stand by in GAI mode. So, you try not to pass close of an airfield.
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkandrachoff View Post
Type of improvement:

mission editor

Put enemy or friends aircraft on-standby in the airfields for take-off for a condition.

Benefits:

Some examples: i have a hurricane, and if i can't shot down some bombers, when they are close to a determinated city (a circle in the mission editor around the city), a condition makes hurricanes take off for intercept this bombers.

this tool can implement for a very dinamic mission, when you have to bomb a objetive, and in every enemy airfields have stand by in GAI mode. So, you try not to pass close of an airfield.
Try this > http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28487

Hurricanes take off/scrambling to intercept Do17's when triggered by Do17 flying into Target Pass Trigger

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-15-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Closed Thread