Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

Default Any Blenheim campaigns out there?

Just wondering if any missions exist for this aircraft. I'm particularly interested in the Channel-stop anti shipping operations, but at this stage I'm happy to take anything
Old 09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

I suggest for two "Campaign builders" do a 59th Squadron Campaign.
This Squadron make 326 missions (Anti Invasion, Bombing, Recon, Convoy, Search) during BoB.

Sample:

Quote:
08/11/1940 - Night-op - 5 Blenheims sent on a bombing raid to Cherbourg, led by P/O Grece & crew. Precision bombing was under taken from 15000ft all hitting their targets. All crews returned.
In Airwarfare are few Blenheim missions:

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...k-at-cherbourg

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...6-night-attack

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...reconnaissance

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "
Old 09-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Approved Member

There is plenty of Blenheim missions in the Malta mod.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

Hiya M8,
No campaigns yet.
I have looked at the Blenny as a mission pack/campaign.
The problem I find, with the 'proof of concept' missions I've done is that it's either a succession of 'novel ways to commit suicide' -or rather boring - if there was a way to do crew interaction by importing speech packs this might be a bit less of a problem ( alot of scripting tho!)- this appears to be a non starter tho (in fact I think IL2 is the only sim where this is possible)

Ideas I considered were an OTU mission pack/campaign and a recreation of the first attacks of the war (Heligoland Bight)- being somewhat 'creative' with the map

The OTU idea is on back burner, I know several people have asked for something similsr. I do have some sadistic ideas for that to try and drive the storyline along.
IF I get round to this, it will be some time,
I have another campaign is 'in the works' and that should keep me occupied for the next couple of months at least( it is also rather dependant on release of TF4.0)
Old 01-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

I too would be interested in a Blenheim Campaign, the crew interaction would be a nice touch.