Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

It says a lot about the haters that they couldn't even leave this thread alone, but had to come in here to insult Luthier and others. Good riddance to you small small people, I pity those around you.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Godspeed Luthier and thank you for everything you've done for IL-2!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Farewell Luthier. Pacific fighters was my favorite chapter of IL2. How many hours I spent trying to perfect those carrier landings amd torpedo runs. And in the end CoD for me runs great and I love the BoB era.

So good luck and keep passing the open windows!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for all your hard work Luthier.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

THX ,
for at least two great simulations, that kept me my passion for flying.you did a great job from the first release and left us a nice toy to keep the spirit up.
Wherever the future will lead us, the community will be seen there...!

Good Luck and best wishes @ ALL !!!!! (concerning x-mas and so....)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Luthier, thank you for all of your and your team's effort!

What a phantastic simulation Cliffs of Dover already is and what it even would have become in the next years. A true benchmark for all flight simulations in the years to come!

Best regards
DUI
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

What a sad end to your and your team's efforts Luthier, I wish you all the best for the future!

The tiger has no smell and makes no noise but you know he is there
There is something in the shadows - its the tiger waiting for you
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

Best of luck!!

Germans surrendering to the South Alberta Regiment St Lambert sur Dives, France Aug 1944
Old 01-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Registered Member

Default Thank You Ilya “Luthier” Shevchenko Re: A final message from Luthier

Ilya “Luthier” Shevchenko,
I have been a quiet reader of this site and others for as many years as I have enthusiastically followed the development of flight simulation since the beginning of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, MSCFS2 (WWII Pacific Theater), MSCFS3 (Battle for Europe), Jane's WWII Fighters, Microprose's Gunship, Jane's Attack Squadron, Rowan's Battle of Britain, the Microsoft Flight Simulator series (2002, 2004, X, etc), the evolution of the Lock On (and Flaming Cliffs and Black Shark) series, the emergence of the DCS series, (... you get the idea), and, of course, IL-2 Sturmovik: WWII Combat Simulation and every one of its impressive add-ons (Forgotten Battles, ACE Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters) and most importantly of all, the community contributions that brought tremendous talent from around the world together to create maps and terrain and aircraft and take simulation to a whole new level. But, there has never been a flight simulator like Cliffs of Dover! I, along with many others waited for years as this was under development and I, along with many others were a little frustrated that it did not roll out as smoothly as we had hoped (some more than others it would seem from quietly reading the posts on this site over the years), but having flown many types of real military combat aircraft and having "flown" several generations of professional "combat" flight simulators, never has anyone come close to producing what Cliffs of Dover brings to the home computer. You, Oleg and the rest of the team deserve the flight simulation community's respect and praise for raising the bar for flight simulation to a whole new level. This program is nothing short of Awesome! And it is just a little sad, notwithstanding our understanding of the business side of the equation, that we will not see more development of this unparallelled flight simulator or that the code will not be provided to the community for it to take it to even further levels, as was done with IL2-1946.

Before I return to my normal status as quiet observer on this site, I wish to thank you so much for bringing your dreams of a totally immersive and accurate WWII flight simulation to a reality which can now be shared by enthusiasts around the world!

Ilya “Luthier” Shevchenko, Well Done! I hope you walk away extremely proud of your accomplishments and I hope you will continue to share your tremendous skill and passion with the flight simulation community around the world in the years to come!

Spasiba

Наилучшие пожелания
Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

What he said ( above) doubled!
Closed Thread