Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG1_Lud View Post
Ataros, do you think that a new project in Redmine can be a solution? I mean, for gathering the FMB team together. With the help of albx, it could be tuned to meet the specific needs, and I see advantages as now the devs are fully aware of the Il2 bugtracker.
Banks is one of admins there and can create a new project. It is more difficult to gather 3 - 4 C# literate volunteers who can participate on regular basis I guess. Anyone?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

I can do it.

I've also suggested that the IL2COOp code should be merged with the IL2DCE, both on the il2bugtracker and on IL2DCE's project developer forum.

The reasons for this are in there.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
I can do it.
Thanks for offering! I hope you can get in touch with Banks and work out something together. Hopefully others join later.

Edit:
Added this to the tracker coop entry:
Quote:
Additional functionality suggestion:
COOP menu may be as well a part of ordinary MP menu (a separate screen of it available in 'dogfight' environment too).

- player joins a standard 'dogfight' server
- within this server the player switches to COOP menu screen
- the player sees a list of upcoming submissions (COOPs) scheduled by the server script, selects one, registers for it, selects aircraft, loadout, etc.
- while waiting for the COOP to start the player may switch back to dogfight menu, spawn an aircraft and fly a quick sortie
- 3 minutes before coop start the player sees a notification with a countdown, lands or bails out and enters coop menu to join the mission. If he is late for the mission he can be forced into the aircraft he was registered for by the game (server side setting).

Squads flying training missions can use it too: join the host, switch to coop menu, select the mission and fly.

UPD: To summarise, both 'dogfight' and 'coop' GUI screens should be available on all servers. If a host/server loads a mission with spawnpoints, the 'dogfight' screen will be the main menu screen but 'coop' menu screen will be accessible as a separate page. If a host loads a mission without spawnpoints, the 'coop' GUI screen will be the main screen, but 'dogfight' screen will be accessible as a separate page (in case spawnpoints are created by script at a later stage).

Last edited by Ataros; 04-19-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Hi Banks

I am playing around with your coop lobby in the hope that I will be able to make some simple 4v4 or 8v8 coops to fight against another squad.

Am I right to assume there is no way for the players to change their loadouts or fuel amount once they pick their aircraft?

If so I guess I can get them to email me the load outs and I can build them in to the mission in FMB?

Cheers

E

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.20GHz
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Z68
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-1280
Intel 510 ElmCrest SSD 120GB
GeForce GTX 580 3072MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler
Silverstone Fortress 2
Hazro HZ27WA 27" 2560x1440
Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

As far as I know loadouts in coops and well as in SP missions and campaigns are built in a mission file (to have historically accurate loadouts).
Old 05-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Approved Member

No its not possible. As said the loadouts are defined in the mission file. It would technically be possible to let the "squadron leader" edit the mission through the menu before it is loaded. I would have to extend the menu for this, which would be in case of loadouts a lot of work (I would have to add any loadout options for every aircraft type). However even this wouldn't allow individual loadouts per aircraft, only for the whole air group.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the replies.

I could get a standardised load out for both squads and build it in to the mission instead.

Cheers

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.20GHz
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Z68
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-1280
Intel 510 ElmCrest SSD 120GB
GeForce GTX 580 3072MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler
Silverstone Fortress 2
Hazro HZ27WA 27" 2560x1440
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Default no Radio menu for Client

thanks for the great script!

have just tested it in the lobby. For the server, it works fine.
The client sits in the same dummy as the host only as a shooter. But he has no radio menu. So he can not select aircraft.
I see it but in the player list in the radio menu.
Tells you that something?

regards