Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Approved Member

Allied were all in the same TS and set up with whispers between flight leaders. With reference to the problems a couple of weeks ago I would like for the next campaign to make the same TS server compulsory. 56 had set up neutral territory so there is no excuse. I don't really see much difference between a lonewolf and a 4, 6 or 8 ship squadron operating on their own tbh.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Maybe one day there will be a MMO war style with Tanks and FPS on the ground whilst we fly above - but that's a bit of a dream
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

It exists.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
................... I would like for the next campaign to make the same TS server compulsory................. I don't really see much difference between a lonewolf and a 4, 6 or 8 ship squadron operating on their own tbh.
I agree on the compulsiry TS. After all, they're all willing to fly on the same flight server and it re-enforces complete teamwork. What's the point otherwise? Also I would only issue the flight server password to the unit leaders via Teamspeak on the night in the leaders' briefing. They then pass it on to their flights so only those guys on TS can fly.

A lonewolf is a waste of resources. He may have a great time on the back of what everyone else has organised but he'd be much more useful as part of a unit with an objective and why would he bother to join such a campaign and fly on his own? He can do just as well on his own on ATAG or other regular servers.

The thing is, a number of people will have put at lot of work into creating as historical a scenario as they can. Lets all fly it that way.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojovtx View Post
Yes I know it exists but it's not exactly COD quality (well, the quality it will be)
Old 11-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Well unfortunately yes the Air battle makes me throw up in my mouth a little, but the rest is kinda cool. I do hope one day somebody with money, or maybe some teamwork and these little shops will combine forces to make a Battleground Europe type game with RO2 and CLoD type graphics and realism. Maybe one day while I'm still on this earth.

To stay on subject, yeah great campaign, some drama, and of course a buggered game but we persevered and had fun nonetheless. Can't wait for a patch and another go at this.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamo View Post
S!

Sorry for not attending the last mission. I was really hangovery after my friends birthday party

Thanks for the campaign, when shall we have more?
As I have said before, as soon as the CTD is resolved (according to last friday update it is resolved, we are waiting for beta etc) and stats - 5./JG27 &9./ZG26 will host again.

KLEM, I have no problem with another unit hosting comms, either for all or red/blue seperately... In fact I think its a good idea. Obviously that should all be well laid out as you mentioned and also take part in the setup phase of the campaign. I am well aware of the problems of comms, sometimes I fell like a telephone exchange!
I'll have Schwarm 2 and Zerstorer coming though plus my own Schwarm!