Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Like it, don't love it.I WANT to love it, like I did with il2, for 10 years.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Like it, don't love it.I WANT to love it, like I did with il2, for 10 years.
Same here. I do like some aspects of the game and I do want to love it and hold the game in the same esteem as I do RoF and the DCS games but I just can't. I see the love they put into some aspects of the game such as the aircraft modelling (graphics, FM, DM) but I always come away disappointed because the rest of the game just doesn't match it with the same level of quality.

If the next patch shows that they do have the resources available to polish the game (new sound engine was a good decision) then my opinion will change.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Why I think we ALL love this game

yeah why do you think that
Old 08-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Ok in hindsight it seems that Love was too strong a word lol

but I think my principle was sound I guess in my long winded way I was just trying to say that I really don't think if any one of us truly wanted this game to fail we wouldn't bother posting on the things we like and dislike about it. We would all just not even acknowledge its existence LOL guess i should have just said that. Oh well :_)
Old 08-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
I'd just like to welcome Mr. Spock...err Logic to the forums.

Surely a very tardy response to the OP there, Mr Logic!?

Bryan - you have more patience than I would have - or do have at 5.42am at least
+1

His posts weren't even directed at me and i'm almost livid.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjama View Post
+1

His posts weren't even directed at me and i'm almost livid.
LOL......I've explained this before on another thread, but he is supposed to be annoying. 'Mr Logic' is the most annoying *bleep* on planet earth and is a fictional 'Viz' magazine character (the comic from Newcastle).

Just waiting how long it takes for someone to attempt to murder him (he is regularly killed in the comic strip in amusing ways by irate people for being such an insufferable, humourless, socially inept arse who takes everything literally lol. I have a feeling that 'Mr Logic' might actually be a playful swipe at someone we know, but the less said about that the better hmm.

See here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Logic

You have been warned.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

I discern no logical thought processes employed in your attempt to turn what is purported to be a social networking site for people of a common interest into a venue for the assassination of one member's character.

Last edited by Mr Logic; 08-06-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Illogic
Old 08-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
LOL......I've explained this before on another thread, but he is supposed to be annoying. 'Mr Logic' is the most annoying *bleep* on planet earth and is a fictional 'Viz' magazine character (the comic from Newcastle).

Just waiting how long it takes for someone to attempt to murder him (he is regularly killed in the comic strip in amusing ways by irate people for being such an insufferable, humourless, socially inept arse who takes everything literally lol. I have a feeling that 'Mr Logic' might actually be a playful swipe at someone we know, but the less said about that the better hmm.

See here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Logic

You have been warned.

AHHHHHHHHH EYE SEA lOl this make his posts even funnier then they already were I love comedy that elicits a massive response out of people, good or bad. that's my cup of tea thanks for the info I will have to check out some of the comic strips now too if there on line

cheers and well played Logic..... well played

Last edited by Bryan21cag; 08-07-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Approved Member

OMG my stomach hurt and I was crying just reading the snippet from the WIKI page this is great. thanks again for posting the info.

Here is an example; Mr Logic is in charge of the till at the local off-licence

Armed Robber: No nonsense. Just give me all your money.

Mr Logic: I shall commence by pointing out to you that my demeanor is not one which could be described as nonsensical. Consequently I can attest you have no cause to reprimand me on your first point. On to your second point: Bearing in mind the potentially lethal situation in which I find myself, to wit: your presence in conjunction with the presumably loaded firearm which is presently leveled at my cranium, I will comply with your request comprehensively, albeit reluctantly. Here, twenty-seven pence.

Armed Robber: Twenty-seven pence? $%#@ off. There's more than that in the till.

Mr Logic: Indeed, undoubtedly so. However your request was for *my* money. The currency in the till belongs to a third party and is therefore not "my money" However, if you are still desirous of said money I would suggest that you re-phrase your original statement to recognize and incorporate this important distinction.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

I think if things keep on like they're going getting the bugs out etc, and then when we carry on threw the war years with different theaters, planes and maps things will become pretty lovey dovey