Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggbutt View Post

All my love to ya, pumpkin.
i find it amazing how cna you call someone a &*&& 2 posts who barely reach 5 words each.

Not that you have that mutch posts around and all ive seen soo far wasnt nice.

keept it civil to new guys

Welcome HeavyDelta. Have a good time around

Last edited by nearmiss; 08-11-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

The part I find even more funny is NearMiss deletes my post as "vulgar" because I typed a make-believe word (gooch). Yet Rugg calls me a jkljfgkj and all is well.

Lovely.

Looks like we're back to square one of the original forums from 2000 !

Last edited by nearmiss; 08-11-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I see the wannabe rockstar has chimed in. Come back and talk to me when you make a living with that instrument like daddy did...........Speaking of hanging off of someone's gooch, even if that was true HD there ain't no room. Charvel has that staked out and he's moved in. Frankly, I don't like what he did with the place.
Oh you are a clever one! Wannabe rockstar cause I play in a band as a hobby, that's good! I stopped trying to make a living with it years ago and now get the best of both worlds making a few bucks instead of spending it on a night out, but I think we're missing the point here which is you taking posts far out of context and getting all (rug)butthurt over them.

Haha see what I did there?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
It's can, spell check is your friend.
who needs spell check when they have forum trolls
Old 08-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
who needs spell check when they have forum trolls
Clearly you are inexperienced with teh interweb. I'm not a forum troll, I'm a spelling Nazi. Which in a way ties in with ClOD.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

I think it is only fair to go Spelling Nazi on someone that actually misspells a word, not just typos.

It's in the internet instruction manual...somewhere.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
A close friend of mine was shot down there in an Osprey, a month or so after SOC deployed them.

. Lighten up, Francis.
We haven't had any Ospreys shot down yet. There was one that crashed due to mechanical failure, but no shootdowns.

Last edited by nearmiss; 08-11-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDelta View Post
We haven't had any Ospreys shot down yet. There was one that crashed due to mechanical failure, but no shootdowns.
Maybe it was a buddy of a buddy. That was probably just a typo.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

I wasn't saying he was lying or anything like that, just that he may have the wrong story or just misspoke. His buddy very well have been injured on the one that crashed.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDelta View Post
PM me if you'd like his FB page. Last I heard there wasn't a cause for the crash. I'll try to call him tonite and see what the final verdict is. Frankly, it hadn't mattered as much to me as how hurt he was. There were others killed on the a/c in the crash. I'm just thankful that he got what he wants more than anything, his flight status back. I don't relish seeing him go back into harms way but he's a warrior and that's how he rolls so I'm 110% behind him, whatever he may want. I heard about the crash 43 minutes after it hit the AP. I knew he had been deployed but they didn't release any names. Later we heard it was him (found out on FB) and he'd lost so much blood they didn't think he'd make it. He told me later that they pumped in 16 units of blood. Said it was coming out faster than it was going in at one point. You may know him or know of him HD, he used to fly w/the Virtual Thunderbirds. We got details quicker once Panther from the V-TBirds got his sister's phone number and she posted on our squadron page every day that something new came up. A USAF buddy of mine's wife was in Washington and stopped by to give him our love and support and I got a phone call back from my buddy, said his wife cried her eyes out when she left. Said he looked really bad. She saw action in A-Stan and is tough as nails, stopped a convoy ambush when she hopped on the mounted .50 and started blasting bad men. I'm not super religious but I prayed and cried a lot those first few weeks.

HD, if you've seen any video with some of the wounded guys he's in one that was well circulated because he became friends with Bob Dole when he was recovering. Dole was there after a surgery he had.

Last edited by ruggbutt; 08-11-2011 at 12:36 AM.