Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

View Poll Results: Best Heavy tank
Kv-1 1 3.03%
Kv-85 0 0%
Tiger 3 9.09%
Panther 6 18.18%
Pershing T-29 2 6.06%
King Tiger 15 45.45%
Centurion 1 3.03%
IS-1 0 0%
IS-2 3 9.09%
IS-3 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Default Best Heavy tank

choose the best heavy tank
Old 02-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Panther - heavy tank?
ok. my vote goes too panther. all other tanks are too slow & too expensive.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

KV-1, because it has a good gun and armor. More importantly, its Russian.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

King Tiger, its got really good armor, its gun is the best of all the German guns and it just looks mean No but srsly, it is the best value of all the German tanks. The Panzer IV is slacking once anything its weight class rolls out, anything heavier you might as well have a Pak 37, it would prolly live longer. The Panther has butter on its side, I dont like tanks that have a serious weakness like the Panther's side armor. The Tiger........that thing is just plain garb....Soo, yeah the King Tiger is like the only tank the Germans have that really holds up
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Registered Member

King Tiger ive played against them alot and there nerly unbeatable a true tank to envy
Old 03-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

I do not like the King Tiger at all. Slow, expensive.

I would rather be with 2 or more KV-1s, or Panthers.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SOE]No.Mam View Post
Panther - heavy tank?
ok. my vote goes too panther. all other tanks are too slow & too expensive.
Depends which measure you use to classify it. The Russians for example had a different principle regarding classification of heavy and medium armor compared to the Germans. While the Soviet used mainly the weight of the vehicle the Germans rather concentrated on the gun and intended use. So the Panther was just a "medium" vehicle cause of its rather small caliber (compared to the heavy tanks) high agility and intented use as battle tank (its HE quality was somewhat less usefull compared to the Tiger I for example). For the Soviets and I think as well the other allies the Panther was seen as a heavy vehicle, cause its weight (44.8 tonnes) was almost as high like from the IS2 (aprox 46 tonnes) and even higher compared to the Pershing (41,8 ). Despite the big weight though the Panther was a quite agile vehicle. Thx to its excelent transmission and suspension which was one of the best in the whole war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_Von_Manstein View Post
There's no record of the IS-3 ever seeing any real action. All these experimental tanks were added for balancing. If they weren't then Germany would wtf pwn everyone.
Yes. Thats how it is probably. Since many times you cant flank the heavy tanks particularly when you have small maps or several players using heavy tanks and seting up defensive positions. So without realistic use of air crafts allies would have almost no chance in a 1vs1 against german armor.

I dont find the experimental/late war units that bad. Its not like the Jagdpanther or Kingtiger have that much trouble with the either the IS3, Tortoise or T29. Actualy the T29 can be penetrated fairly easily for a super heavy vehicle ...

Last edited by Crni vuk; 04-22-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

After loosing my KT to a matilda(it was nearly at its max range) i've lost all faith in heavy tanks and now rely on medium tanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insolent1 View Post
After loosing my KT to a matilda(it was nearly at its max range) i've lost all faith in heavy tanks and now rely on medium tanks.

Daaaaaaaaang....was it a side shot or what? Also, that British 40mm....its very unrealistically powerful.....go play the German campaign..2nd mission....Was the King Tiger you used the Grey one w/ the rounded Krupp turret? That one has a weak spot right on the middle of the front hull that can die to anything....BUt that sucks.....KT to Matilda.....id slap me a Matilda if that happened to me
Old 04-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

It was the Porsche turret which is the the rounded one so that must have been the problem, funnily enough I lost another KT(one I captured with a porsche turret) to a 6Iber AT gun at its max range, I didn't mind loosing that one as I got it for free. Both shots where from the front at close to their max range maybe the AI knows about the weak spot?