Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
This bug is fixed in the latest hotfix. It should be already available for Steam users.
After I gave Jimmy Kraud potion to healing his scars he went speechless. No more dialogues were showing on his list, it went completely blank.

As I have Steam version, by any luck accident, wasn't that fixed in too?
Old 10-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pol View Post
After I gave Jimmy Kraud potion to healing his scars he went speechless. No more dialogues were showing on his list, it went completely blank.

I have the version off of the 1C website, and have applied hotfix #1 and still see this problem. Does anyone have a guess at what the 4 empty dialog spots might be? And has anyone heard of a "hotfix #2" in the works?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by di410733 View Post
I have the version off of the 1C website, and have applied hotfix #1 and still see this problem. Does anyone have a guess at what the 4 empty dialog spots might be? And has anyone heard of a "hotfix #2" in the works?
The next patch is in works, not sure this bug is included, but I will ask.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Registered Member

Default champion.kfs -> .zip -> eng_items.lng = Duplicate text!

Just wondering what is the exact "Modified date" and "File size" in bytes of this file on anyone's computer? I think I got an outdated version. Is this normal? If not, I would like a replacement with the file attached as a zip file.

If you compare it with defender.kfs and orcs.kfs, they fall within September 2010, while champion.kfs for some reason is still August 2010 before the release of Crossworlds. I think this might help an issue I am having as it seems the game doesn't take advantage of multi-cored CPUs, and only a fast single core according to Task Manager and http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Here's location of the file: \Program Files\1C Company\King’s Bounty Crossworlds\sessions\champion

EDIT: Nevermind... I have finally solved the problem regarding COTA campaign switching/loading slowly! The fix is to get rid of all the duplicate information (leave only the ones that have a description of the item). This fix should help people with weaker processors especially on laptops, or don't feel like upgrading their computers yet. The original eng_items.lng is >1MB. It has to be of a file size of less than 1MB for your CPU to handle it.

Just extract it, edit, save changes, move modified "eng_items.lng" file back into the .zip file, then change the .zip extension back to "champion.kfs". You can also delete the eng_items.lng file entirely, but is not recommended. Remember replacing eng_items.lng is optional since it is not required during gameplay as loc_ses.kfs also have those files as well, but it may still be required for the editor or for certain item labels.

And it seems the Armored Princess editor handles the champion.kfs pretty well after you delete the app.ini file, regardless of what CPU you have. It must have something to do with it changing sets ~session "addon" to "base" and sets ~main_menu_form "start" to "arena". Doing this seemed to have ignored the use of the eng_items.lng file in loc_ses.kfs, reducing the amount of loading and CPU stress.

I will report if the campaign runs correctly as intended... K, everything is working including item labels. I will release the fixed campaign.kfs soon...

*Instructions*: Rename champion.kfs.zip to champion.kfs. Start -> Run... -> Type \Program Files\1C Company\King’s Bounty Crossworlds\sessions\champion Press Enter. Copy & Paste then overwrite the old .kfs file. Changes: Removed duplicate entries in the eng_items.lng file to allow for optimization. This fixes issues with game taking long to switch or load the Champion of the Arena campaign on slow CPUs.

Update: Added fixed version... I accidentally removed some "itm" entries (//==== are comment marks) in the eng_item.lng file due to it being scattered elsewhere, away from the correct location. This seems to had made no difference since it doesn't belong to the COTA campaign (some are though). All entries are rearranged now in the correct order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg champion.jpeg (377.7 KB, 35 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip champion.kfs.zip (5.83 MB, 43 views)
File Type: zip champion.kfs(fixed).zip (5.83 MB, 44 views)

Last edited by Wisely; 11-06-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

The Orcs' talent "Onslaught" can move the troop out of web.

Certainly a bug, as the webbing stays in place and is webbing thin air.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pol View Post

I have Steam version too, and I also have this problem. I can see that it was reported on the 28th of October. D:

Isn't yet there any way to fix it? DDDD:
Old 12-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

I will upload a fix in , Mods section , for World Map. To show the name of the islands like before.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Default Confirm

I realize the chance of any new patches are slim, and WotN is a bigger priority, but FYI - I got the game from Gamer's Gate just last week, and the "Jimmy Kraud dialogue lines are unreadable after getting healed" problem is still there. On the plus side, his scars are actually healed in his portrait . . .
Old 01-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

I got the game from GOG, which is at version 1.3.1, build 6171.
While playing, I have encountered these bugs so far (apart from those that were already mentioned):

-rune mage abilities have wrong tooltips - High Mage shows Magic Protection, Runic shows High Mage and Runic Armor shows Runic
-Trapper medal doesn't increase the count - while I have trapped many enemy units, it still shows 5/10
-the counter for the knight's quest from the academy (that should give me a new skill) appears to show killed elligible targets only on the current island, not in total.

Last edited by klaymen; 01-21-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaymen View Post
-Trapper medal doesn't increase the count - while I have trapped many enemy units, it still shows 5/10.
Not sure about the other items you mention, but keep in mind:
1) Summoned units don't count.
2) Wounding a stack with a trap does not count - the trap has to deal the death blow.
3) The stack killed can have been wounded by other attacks - the only thing that matters is that the trap deal the death blow.