Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

I think it's fun replaying the game with a certain army line-up in mind. For example, I have already played the game with an all-Lizard army, and an all-Undead one, now I'm playing with an all-elven army... Meaning, I won't use other creatures at least, until I can get the desired units.

It might be hard to get all the units you need (for example, even though I played no-loss I soon ran out of Gorguls to recruit), therefore I think "cheating" is allowed in this case - if you cannot find a unit at all on any map (or even on its homeland map), using the console to give one to yourself is allowed.

For example, in KB TL, I was playing an all-undead army (Werewolves allowed, for a while) and I found no Ancient Vampires anywhere - not in Demonis, or Death Land, not even after beating Karador to see whether his castle sells them. So, I used the console to give myself undead army, dismissed all but 1 of the Vamps (so I could say I got this one from a Coffin) and patiently used sacrifice in battles to build them up to my leadership level.

Playing with some rarely used unit types could also be fun, like using only Pirates or Robbers...
Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

This mod will let you recruit any race units on debir.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14769

It does provide a large amount of each unit so you would want to restrict yourself to keep the challenge up.

Maybe you can choose 5 types of units, no substitutes and you have to stick with them for the entire game.

If you suffer too many losses (say you are playing with low level units and no healers.) your forces just dwindle until you cannot win any more battles and lose.

The idea for the point based armies came from this thinking. having to use lower level units. but not all lower level units are as strong as each other. so I figured that you would want to rerate each unit to have a more effective level limit system.

So. this would make warriors very unpopular. That is why 3 versions of this all races mod need to be made with an appropriate variety and quantity of units to choose from. Seems a simple matter of decompiling the loc files with kbedit, changing the numbers of units in each ushop and recompiling it. the 2 mod files are nice and small.

Last edited by copcod; 06-16-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
you can do all battles without loss with a single stack of any unit

best unit to use for this is EGD

invisiblty + spells from the mage = gg on enemy ^^
The trouble with Emerald Green Dragons is their quite low intiative/speed. Against some enemies, like Archdemons, you cannot act first with them. I am currently trying to beat Bhaal no-loss in The Legend, and he is very hard - due to his castle being on Lava terrain, all his demon troops have incredibly high defense for my Mage's army to fight against, even with the Demon-killer sword.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
As for the topic of the thread: How about using only creatures of one race, at a time? This sounds like it could be both interesting and challenging, but it's off the top of my head.
I'm doing that, albeit in Legend and AP too.

In AP I went with the Lizards first, since I wanted to test the new race. Sadly they are only available on Reha and it takes quite long to get there - you have to get to Montero first and defeat the lizard queen in the castle to get your wings, even with kiting I was only able to land on Reha around level 25.

That said, from there it was a cakewalk. My lineup was Tirexes (tanks), Gorguls (main damage dealers, often you can finish the battle by using only them, in fact I killed Bhaal with just one stack of Gorguls - easier to resurrect), Gorguanas (decent ranged unit and of course, Mark of Blood), Hayterants (great skirmishers and can summon fodder, also block ranged units with the eggs), and Brontors (very versatile unit, can be tank, skirmish to block ranged units, or be a shooter itself). I tried the Chosa a few times, but they are quite useless IMHO, being restricted to only spawn worms and do nothing else. They were usefull in the Giant Spider fight, though.

In Legend, I used an all-undead army (with a small mod that gave me a spell to resurrect them so I can use no-loss). Firstly starting with skeleton archers, zombies, ghosts, vampires and werewolves (I allowed only them as living units in my army), I later replaced the zombie-tanks with Black Knights, the wolves with Bone Dragons, upgraded the ghosts and vampires. I also use Necromancers of course. Cursed Ghosts and Skeleton archers I often swap depending on the enemy line-up.