Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
Even in the initial announcement by Ubi they acknowledge that the name and title is owned by 1c. So lets end the debate here on the name. Look it up on the initial release announcement 2006 by ubisoft. To lazy to post a link.
The question is "REALLY" Oleg does not like the name I think and that is why he talks of change.
This can bee read in his threads in SimHq.
More then once Oleg said he wanted to have a contest for the best name for the new series....at one time their was a long thread devoted to the topic (at the Ubi forum).
Old 09-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

Question

this is from play.com

Storm Of War: Battle Of Britain

( Not yet rated ) | Write a review »

£17.99 Free Delivery
RRP: £34.99 | You save: £17.00 (48%)

Pre-order. | Due for release on 30/10/2009

Note: We are unable to provide technical support for any PC game we supply. Please ensure that the game will run on your computer before ordering as we cannot be responsible for incompatibilities with your system – see our Returns Policy for more details.

BUY

the DVD tape are very improvised... i don´t know...

I hope that 31/10/2009 will be true. or at lease 01/03/2010
buth not "Q4 2010" ... or 2011 !!!
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 09-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

How can Play.com sell any game that is brand new at just 17 pounds?

Skarphol
Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Play.com are blatant liars. Do not even consider giving your credit card details to a company that consistently falsifies release dates to trick you into pre-ordering.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Tree_UK

You'd think that Oleg would make a post telling people not to pre-order yet.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
You'd think that Oleg would make a post telling people not to pre-order yet.
I actually think that Oleg expects them to have enough brains to not fall for this.

And those who still do, are not the ones who read this forum anyway.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
If I remember correctly BOB was alway going to be a new game engine even from the time Oleg first announced his plans in 2004. It all got sidetracked when Luthiers Pacific Fighters team required help from Olegs team to complete a much more complex pacific sim that was originally invisioned.

At that point they either felt there was more money to made with the IL-2 series or they found BOB was almost impossible with 2005 computers or a combination of both.
Might also be multi-core support is adding complexity. I recall around the time 3D cards went mainstream, there were a number of games in development that ended up needing to rebuild their engines to handle the transition. Considering how tricky multithreading is, especially if you're going for true multi-core support, instead of the dual-core shortcut, it wouldn't supprise me if we see a wave of major PC games delayed in the next year or so.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Play.com are blatant liars. Do not even consider giving your credit card details to a company that consistently falsifies release dates to trick you into pre-ordering.
I've ordered from Play.com many many times, they are superb. IIRC they won't charge your card until the item is in stock and dispatched.
But yes, they are sometimes too optimistic with release dates.
Du siehst das vielleicht anders.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Any news???

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu View Post
Any news???
You already got bored after reading through the 4.09 Readme?