Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 08-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Default Frustrated by level bombing. Please HELP!

Im a licenced pilot since 1992, ive flown flight sims since intellivisions B17 bomber in 1975 to this beautifully rendered sim. I have been flight simming for probably 5000 hours and ive enjoyed hundreds of hours in the old Il2 HE111 level bombing and loving it. Im not stupid or inexperienced but this is very very hard for me to grasp.

Ive had this game 7 months, gone through all the patching and hours of frustrating sessions and ive yet to level bomb one target in any plane there is here.

I read the posts and try the procedures and after hours of frustration i give up and go back to the forums only to find that some bug in the program prevents the procedures from working or the proceedure is incorrect and the program is fine.
Other than going back to good old IL2 where i can line up a target, press the wing leveller and make minor trim tweeks to hit my target perfectly, what can i do here?

|Its very very frustrating. Youd think theyd make a simple bombing mode that replicates the old IL2 so you could actually enjoy this beautiful sim, but i guess thats not going to happen. Why not i have no idea.

I would like to get in any bomber with a competant bombadier to show me the ropes. If youd like to fly together in a bomber message me on steam.

Add me as a friend. "Megahurt" on steam.

id love to see someone sellect a plane where the systems actually work, choose a target and actually hit it.

Please help.

Last edited by Megahurt; 08-09-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Are you using the latest Beta Patch? (not available through Steam)

You might want to check out this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33649

There is also a good informative thread over at ATAG. the thread has a long history going back to the original game release version, so you might want to read through it all:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...u-88-Tutorials

I hope this helps!
www.iijg53.com
My YouTube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/marmusman

Old 08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Default i read some of it but...

|Im not trying to be lazy but after hours and hours of reading and studying and trying techniques to no avail, im realy hoping for a simple do this do that and not another maration of circular discussion that becomes obsolete with every patch.

Its so frustrating.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

And you're a licensed pilot? Licensed for what? Well, I'm not, but I strongly believe that every pilot should do one thing first: Finding out which switch does what. That way, you should stumble almost certainly over the limited-axes-Autopilot. Refer to the blue bomber pilots from here on ^-^
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
And you're a licensed pilot? Licensed for what? Well, I'm not, but I strongly believe that every pilot should do one thing first: Finding out which switch does what. That way, you should stumble almost certainly over the limited-axes-Autopilot. Refer to the blue bomber pilots from here on ^-^
Perhaps a Vulcan Mind Meld is the answer.

But seriously, there is no easy way.....
www.iijg53.com
My YouTube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/marmusman

Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 AM
Approved Member

Definitely install the latest beta patch first since the blue bombsights have been corrected. There are a few useful threads with even more useful videos in them:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28754

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23546

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24782

These should get you started but specific questions are welcome.

The lack of horizontal stabilizer in the Blenheim is annoying, especially since you can't use 6DOF to see the target clearly on the entire approach from the bombardier's seat. Low-altitude level bombing (1000-3000 feet) is OK but any higher than that reduces accuracy considerably. Divebombing in the Blenheim works well if the flak isn't too bad.

Level bombing in the HE-111 is good now.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

In case you have the recent beta installled, you clearly make sth. wrong. If not, install it and be happy

With this beta you can hit precisely from over 4000m
Take the He 111H-2 or Ju-88 though.... the He 111P-2 gyrocompass is bugged atm.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Default Thanks

Ill read the posts listed above and make sure i have the latest beta installed. I appreciate knowing the models that still have bugged instruments that dont work. Theres a bit of frustration avoided.

Redroach-- Im licenced for cessnas...single engine under 13000 lbs.. since 1992 and no ive never bombed anything with that. I only mentioned that to say that i do know a little about reading up on systems and general avaition. I didnt say it made me an Ace. As a matter of fact, i fly bombers because in all my combat flight sim experience I STINK AS A FIGHTER PILOT.
Id really like to fly a mission with a competant bombadier and have someone show me it can be done.

Megahurt on steam.

Last edited by Megahurt; 08-09-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurt View Post
Ill read the posts listed above and make sure i have the latest beta installed. I appreciate knowing the models that still have bugged instruments that dont work. Theres a bit of frustration avoided.

Redroach-- Im licenced for cessnas...single engine under 13000 lbs.. since 1992 and no ive never bombed anything with that. I only mentioned that to say that i do know a little about reading up on systems and general avaition. I didnt say it made me an Ace. As a matter of fact, i fly bombers because in all my combat flight sim experience I STINK AS A FIGHTER PILOT.
Id really like to fly a mission with a competant bombadier and have someone show me it can be done.

Megahurt on steam.
See if you can get hold of Blackdog_kt and watch Jimbops video's. I have pretty much nailed the Blenheim thanks to his vids.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5
Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Megahurt,

I am in EST time. I have been recently on and off ATAG practicing bombing atm. If you want we can use ATAG TS3 and can hop in Ju-88's and I can talk you through a few bomb runs. I have a couple set flightplans for 2 targets that give you plenty of time to align and trim. I use mostly the methods Blackdog describes, except I use normal course mode for low altitude >3000m

The flying is the easy part the juggling back and forth from bomber to pilot and last second course / bombsight corrections can be tough unless you have trimmed level and on target well before you use automation as even making corrections in automation only goes so far depending on how well you trimmed level and on target before hand. Also the Ju-88 incorrect cruise speed makes it harder with the r-22 than it should be.

Not sure on my play timing as i am random but regular but if you are interested I will add you on steam.
i7 2600K - Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 - EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - Rosewill Bronze Series 1000W 80Plus - Crucial M4 128GB SATA III (clod) - Asus VS248H-P 24" - WD Black 1TB @ 6gbps
CH Fighterstick-CH Pro Pedals-Saitek Throttle-Track IR5 - (CH Yoke for Bombers)

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson