Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Global Moderator

Exclamation

I suggest persons interested to promote Daidalus team supply their own forums to support and inform their users.

Currently, the boards hosting IL2 addons have a myriad of system, server and other not-so-pleasant issues.

No 3rd party addons will be promoted on this forums unless 1C authorizes.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
I suggest persons interested to promote Daidalus team supply their own forums to support and inform their users.

Currently, the boards hosting IL2 addons have a myriad of system, server and other not-so-pleasant issues.

No 3rd party addons will be promoted on this forums unless 1C authorizes.
I don't get this, didn't Oleg himself promote Daidalus, calling them a talented bunch etc?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

Methinks nearmiss is a bit confused as to what Team Daidalus' relationship is with Oleg and IL2.

They are now the official development team for IL2 into the future.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 08-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Guys if I'm wrong it won't wrinkle my feathers.

Remember, Ubisoft has distribution rights for Il2 along with all addons.

Whatever Oleg, 1C and UbiSoft works out is fine. I just wouldn't count on this forums as the home for "the teams" support and information.

I would think, if "the team" does domicile here 1C will create a separate forums like they did for Birds of Prey.

"The team" definitely should think about setting up a forums to support their additions.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Whatever Oleg, 1C and UbiSoft works out is fine. I just wouldn't count on this forums as the home for "the teams" support and information.

I would think, if "the team" does domicile here 1C will create a separate forums like they did for Birds of Prey.

There are definitely a lot of questions people have now, and there should be a place for "the team to respond".
Old 08-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo kyu View Post
At no point in there does Oleg say it won't be out long before October 2010. Tomorrow for example would be long before October 2010.

Software is strange stuff, sometimes you think it will take a long time, then you find a nice shortcut and it doesn't, though that situation is very rare, other times you think you are finished, then a bug shows up, and fixing it breaks something else, so it takes a very long time to sort out. I think Oleg is wise not to give any hostages to fortune in terms of release dates.
C'mon guys as far has SOW is concerned Oleg and team have no idea how long it will be before SOW is completed, he plucks dates out of thin air then never mentions them again. I remember being flamed in this forum for speculating a March 2010 release, The Fanboys were convinced that Oleg would release September 2009 if not before, even they have trouble defending Oleg's crazy release predictions because it appears that he simply makes them up.
SOW is a long way off, so get used to it, once we see a dedicated SOW website then you can add at least another year on and then maybe you will be close to a release date. In the last interview Oleg told us that the game is currently 80% finished, and then goes on to say its his general plan to release in October 2010 if not before, so at the time of the interview he is saying that its going to take well over a year to finish the last 20% of this sim, According to Oleg work did not start on SOW until late 2007, so if we do the maths, its taken roughly 1 and a half years to get the sim 80% completed and its going to take roughly the same amount to finish the last 20%!! he later said we would see in game shots from September on - I think this promise will go the same way has the system specs, dedicated website etc... so watch this space.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 08-15-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post

There are definitely a lot of questions people have now, and there should be a place for "the team to respond".
+1
I think this is rapidly becoming a priority.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

I would like to see Spitfire Mk.Ia , Mk.IIa and Mk.IIb with map of England. And Do-17 of course.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Don't think this is going to happen, Alien. After all Maddox Games does want to sell SoW-BoB next year and so I guess they won't allow in-house competition. After all realistic maps of the Channel and the MTO have not been allowed by Maddox Games when they still supported people like Ian Boys.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Don't think this is going to happen, Alien. After all Maddox Games does want to sell SoW-BoB next year and so I guess they won't allow in-house competition. After all realistic maps of the Channel and the MTO have not been allowed by Maddox Games when they still supported people like Ian Boys.
It makes sense to me, but I doubt that Il2 could really represent any competition against SOW Battle of Britain. If our old game is going to have a role, it will only be for Il2’s hard to beat variety in planes and theaters. SOW planes will require much more labor to be modeled as compared to low-poly Il2 models (not to mention internal structure, plus 2048 voids and skins against 1024). So, it looks that we’ll have a future with better but less numerous flyable planes, unless much more peoples are involved. It’s there, I think, that Il2 still can have value, and that Daidalus can have a big role. Organizing people to work together, disciplining their work to a definite quality standard, honing their skills are all big values today for revitalize Il2, and tomorrow in developing SOW.

To return back on topic, I would suggest some small improvements for the existing planes. Nothing to do with DM or FM, but simple retouches that could conceivably be entrusted to less experienced people, and that can represent a very important training tool.
For example, some small retouches are all is needed to complete the Yak line.
1) Half round windows behind the sliding canopy for the late production Yak1 (built in much more examples than the early type we have).
2) A second cockpit and reduced armament for the two seat Yak 7 - Yak 7UTI.
3) The same and a fixed landing gear for the Yak 7V.
4) A 37 mm cannon through propeller spinner for the Yak 7-37.
5) Yak 7 wing mated to an early Yak 9 fuselage for the late production Yak 7B.

I see also space for small but important correction in uv-mapping for skins. For example, to some annoying superimpositions between fuselage side and antenna mast for the Lavochkins, or between lower nose and windshield area in I-16.
Closed Thread