Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Hi,

until now I did not observe any glitches in game #, but when I open the console there is constantly printed a GL error warning 0x0502 range.

il2 4.09b, ATI x1950xt 500 mb ram, cat 7.8

# except for the vertical smoke pile [?] shadow flashing over the water in fine weather and the flickering I get from the Me262 rocket racks when viewed from distance using antialising. But these have always been there since the release of 4.07.

regards

El_Marta

Last edited by El_Marta; 03-02-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

The whitecaps are active with water=3 and water=4.
But I must say I do not see any major quality difference between the previous and last DLL's. Maybe the global seawater rendering feels better.
The whitecaps effect is good in both cases and visual illusion from above is perfect.

The last DLL's have better smoothed the costline. I agree that the brownish effect is visually disturbing on the sea coastline. This effect should stay to show the beach gently dips in the sea, but the colour should be less brownish and also much less saturated or less strong on the coast line.
For rivers and swamps the colour is more acceptable but again less contrast is necessary.
To be perfect there should be no effect were the beach abruptly dips deeply in the sea.
I use mainly the Guadalcanal maps.

Graphics are Nvidia GF 8800 Ultra (from Asus) with the 169.25 Drivers.

Gold
Old 03-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Sounds a lot like a redrawing issue. This is not a workaround but out of curiosity can you revert to some earlier drivers and see if the problem persists?
Thanks Roy, I decided to try different nvidia driver settings before uninstalling and rolling back to an earlier version and when I switched off triple buffering the screen lockups and the black/blue flickering has gone.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Is it possible to slow down the speed of the waves as they break on the shoreline, at present it takes approximately 4 seconds for the breaking waves to appear then head to shore and then disappear. This doesn't look natural at this speed, is it possible to change this to around 20 seconds in the dll, or is this a driver related issue? If it can be slowed down somewhat it may even give a fps boost. This is only a small small matter I know but I thought it is worth mentioning.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicGibber View Post
Is it possible to slow down the speed of the waves as they break on the shoreline, at present it takes approximately 4 seconds for the breaking waves to appear then head to shore and then disappear. This doesn't look natural at this speed, is it possible to change this to around 20 seconds in the dll, or is this a driver related issue? If it can be slowed down somewhat it may even give a fps boost. This is only a small small matter I know but I thought it is worth mentioning.
I tried to find this out also with no avail.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _79_cfb View Post
I tried to find this out also with no avail.
Mustn't be do'able then, oh well that's disappointing, how long ago did you ask _79_cfb?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970 View Post
I should be more specific... in places where FPS use to be rock solid... they go up and down for no reason... down to 30 up to 60...down again... Just weird.
This is the same isiue i have if i putt on to mutch AA or AF (cant remember) on my 8800gts.....been there on all dll, and i think its a driver isiue
Old 03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

~!S!~ Alle,
EXTREME nooB here....
can I run these DLLs in 4.08m?
Please would someone explain to me what these DLLs are.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Tach!

Yes, you can run these dlls with 4.08, but of course you won't benefit much from them and you CAN experience some additional glitches. I use the new dlls for my 4.08 with quite good results, though.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

I tried the new dll's with 408. Colors are ok, ran ok, but there were no coastline waves.

P4E 3.4E @ 3.51
AsusP4p800E Deluxe
2Gb Corsair PC3200
ATI x1950Pro 256 7-11 Cats
MAX settings 32AF 12AA all Quality
Sblive
HDTV 32" 1440x900
WD2500KS

gf