Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Default Ver.28022008 tests - ntrks

Reply to Feuerfalke - I have been sending in ntrks to CrazyIvan and IC since these problems came up. IC have my system specs and updated config files. Clearly the ntrks have shown problems with the earlier Dll's - flashing cloudy skys and take-off dust, strange ground mists under trees, lines appearing on the surface terrain, red flashes occuring in the normal terrain, white/blue flashes on aircraft skins. All these problems have clearly showed up on the earlier ntrks.
The new set of Dll's have solved just about all these problems on my system specs. (which are fairly similar to many others).
Hope you can now understand why ntrks can help the IC team solve the problems.
DFLion
Old 02-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflion View Post
Reply to Feuerfalke - I have been sending in ntrks to CrazyIvan and IC since these problems came up. IC have my system specs and updated config files. Clearly the ntrks have shown problems with the earlier Dll's - flashing cloudy skys and take-off dust, strange ground mists under trees, lines appearing on the surface terrain, red flashes occuring in the normal terrain, white/blue flashes on aircraft skins. All these problems have clearly showed up on the earlier ntrks.
The new set of Dll's have solved just about all these problems on my system specs. (which are fairly similar to many others).
Hope you can now understand why ntrks can help the IC team solve the problems.
DFLion
Hmmm, how can it be "the NTRKS have shown problems"? I'm just curious. If you send the same NTRK to me, I'll probably see no problems at all. You'd need the very same gfx-card, drivers, OS and maybe even more to get the exact same visual problems you have, just based on where you where flying.

Don't get me wrong, those NTRKS can show a LOT of problems, but graphics are rendered on each machine, so if you wanted to show graphics problem, wouldn't it make much more sense to send a short movie or screenshots instead of an ntrk-file and your systems specs while expecting 1C to build a system like yours and play your ntrk on that machine?
Old 03-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970 View Post
Anyone with ATI getting 1-3 seconds freezes with new DLL? And very unstable FPS?

ATI 3870 X2, Catalist 8.2

Yes - not sure about "very unstable", but definitely lower. I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't measure before and after, but my FPS is visibly degraded, with random stutters.... Last dlls were better overall for my 256 meg ATI x1600

Last edited by Spinnetti; 03-01-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
Yes - not sure about "very unstable", but definitely lower. I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't measure before and after, but my FPS is visibly degraded, with random stutters.... Last dlls were better overall for my 256 meg ATI x1600
I should be more specific... in places where FPS use to be rock solid... they go up and down for no reason... down to 30 up to 60...down again... Just weird.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Similar to A.Fokker: Water edges in Haze. See pic.
(8800GTS/320, Water=4.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab0000.jpg (43.9 KB, 101 views)
Old 03-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

Crimea map:
1. The ocean texture instantly changes to black then bright blue then back to normal.
2. The cockpit disappears then reappears.
3. Screen lockups for at least ten seconds at a time happening frequently.
Graphics card is a 7800gt using 169.21 drivers.
I can't get a screeny as it happens too quickly
Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970 View Post
Greetings!

Allow me to present new graphics DLLs for v409b from today, February 15, 2008.

Download it here:

http://www.warwingsart.com/3_409Beta...8_core_dll.rar

Thanks Guse!!

Readme included in the zip file, but still
New version, 02.27.08

1)Increased smoothness of the river coasts and, also smoother whitecaps (foam) on the waves. Smooth foam works only for nVidia cards in the mode water=2.
It will not work for ATI cards due to ATI driver issues.

2)About airbase and other objects flickering.
We made a conclusion that if you turn on Antialiasing, it will greatly reduce it.
Test was performed on 4xAA.

3) Corrected regime of anisotropy for the objects.
Now, level of anisotropy for them will be lower. It is recommended to turn on aniso using il2config.ini, or it could be set by TexMipFilter=3

Feedback, such as tracks, conf.ini, screenshots is greatly appreciated!! Please post them here or submit to pf@1c.ru

Note: Just in case keep previous version. Dont overwirte it, simply rename it with the date or something like that.

I tried the new DLLs and I'm still getting the black water in perfect mode. I've tried every combo I could using water setting from 1-4 and no luck the water is still very dark to black depending on the water=setting and the Landgeom= is set to 3. I just love the detail in perfect so help please.
My specs=

P-4 3.0ghz
2.5 mb ram
win xp home sp2 all updates installed
LG 20' lcd= 1680x1050
nvidia gforce agp 7600gs 512mb
169.21 drivers dated 12/05/07
new dll's dated 02/27/08
Old 03-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicGibber View Post
Crimea map:
1. The ocean texture instantly changes to black then bright blue then back to normal.
2. The cockpit disappears then reappears.
3. Screen lockups for at least ten seconds at a time happening frequently.
Graphics card is a 7800gt using 169.21 drivers.
I can't get a screeny as it happens too quickly
Sounds a lot like a redrawing issue. This is not a workaround but out of curiosity can you revert to some earlier drivers and see if the problem persists?
Old 03-02-2008, 04:38 AM
Approved Member

"1)Increased smoothness of the river coasts and, also smoother whitecaps (foam) on the waves. Smooth foam works only for nVidia cards in the mode water=2. "

Perhaps this is a miss-print. Water=2 for Nvidia cards has whitecaps disabled by default. Water=4 is the one that has the whitecaps.

And with a quad core + 8800GT 640mb + 2gb ram I get 20% less frames plus dirty brown coastlines in the mid to long distance where I would normally see white sands. 15th feb. dll's were better methinks.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

This is not directly related to dlls (I tried also older versions) but when viewing steep mountains from shallow angle, they are shown not correctly: first flat and then the sharp shapes pop-up like on the attached screens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error1.JPG (92.0 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg error2.JPG (92.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg error3.JPG (96.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg error4.JPG (97.3 KB, 69 views)