Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.JaVA_Sharp
hello Oleg,

I'm wondering if it will be possible to give pilots separate AI. That in a way a squadron is a good mix of rookie, experienced, veteran and ace pilots.

I know that processing power limits this, but I'm wondering how far this is possible.
If I am not mistaken you can do that now... I set up missions I make that way... I usually put the flight and element leads as Veteran with maybe one ACe in each flight... the rest are average & rookie..
Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Hello all and Sir Oleg.

It's great to finally have another opportunity to talk to the big man himself. Obviously in first order are the thanks for the great game IL2 turned out to be and my deepest admiration for Oleg and all his development team.

I have a couple (and by a couple I mean three because I suck at math) of questions. I hope they haven't been answered or asked anywhere else (I looked but not too hard):

-Will there be an in-game multiplayer session browser and chat room? It'd be pretty cool in my opinion to be able to fly a couple of quick missions and then just fire up the multiplayer without having to go out of the game and launching another application. Nothing against Hyperlobby, I love it, but how awesome would it be if you could have Hyperlobby support from within the game itself? Or some sort of other game browser.

-Following in the same vein, has there ever been plans or an idea to have a centralized skins server? It'd be pretty cool that when you show up in a game with a custom skin, it automatically gets uploaded to that server instead of the game hosting server, and when you join a new game you download all the skins from such server to prevent lagging and skipping on the game hosting server; it could be part of the loading process before you actually enter the game itself to have your skins sync up with the centralized skins server according to the skins being used in the game you're trying to join.

-Lastly, have I ever flown with you online? heh

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdwaffe
I hope that people can be sensible here and not ask silly questions. What we all want to know is when will SoW:BoB released? Oleg must be painfully aware of the question so let's just wait to hear what he has to say...Patience is a virtue.
I second this

Hallo Oleg - Thanks for the new forum but i fear you may have 'opened a can of worms' hehe!

Let's hope we can all enjoy this forum as enthusiasts and not have it spoilt by a few kids
Old 10-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Default .mis format

Hi Oleg,

Will the mission data files (.mis) be simple text as now? Or XML...?

I'm thinking in terms of access for community software apps.

Thank you sir. You rock our world.

Best Regards,

Flying Nutcase
Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Hi Mr. Maddox

My question is: on what operatiing system SOW-BOB will run?
Will it be based on OpenGl as Il2 was or DirectX?

Will it be DirectX9 or 10? Or both?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

New forum, the usual suspects

Well Oleg, if you have the time, here´s another one:

I remember some talk about massively multiplayer servers in BoB (with a monthly fee). That would be very nice - is it still on the feature list? Mmm, hundreds of human controlled planes over London, think of that...

I will not ask for a release date. Release it when it's done.

/Mazex
Old 10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Will ground objects such as vehicles require more of an eye to spot? In IL2 it's like you have eagle eyes from high altitude.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:41 AM
Approved Member

Having great video card helps a bit too.
But then again..........to those with enraging myopia like me, nothing can help.
Except some pretty sights......cheerleaders perhaps?

Anyway.
At UBi there are posts how to improve IL-2 visuals.
But this is not about it.

It's about having a sim where we can have better "visibility" of objects.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Splat
Will ground objects such as vehicles require more of an eye to spot? In IL2 it's like you have eagle eyes from high altitude.
Funny, I don't find ground objects are easy to spot, especially not the static ones. Perhaps this is also dependent on display resolution and related to the famous "dot" discussion?

Anyway, something similar: I think IL2 proved that the method of having lower LODs that are larger than the higher LODs isn't very future-proof. Try fllying towards a Stuka from a distance with a screen resolution > 800x600 and you know what I mean.

In general, I'm not afraid Oleg will let us down when it comes to the visuals (in particular low-level terrain). Yesterday I did a few flights in fs9 and BoBII and I was very glad to get back into IL2 with it's great scenery!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Oleg's room, but no Oleg?!
Closed Thread