Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Awesome but I hope it won't use Ubisoft's annoying DRM. I don't want to be on the internet everytime while playing the game. I know it is early to speak but can you give us an official response for it will use Ubisoft DRM or not? Thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Nothing new... Only that we now know for a fact that there will be no German or Italian campaign, German trainer or German collector's box edition.

Somehow I do believe that that is a stupid decision. The guy in the store won't know that there is eventually a German campaign when it is not written on the box. Let alone that I am sure that you would sell more if you offered a German collector's box. A good number of people are drawn to the "evil" side of WWII. Oh well... It is Ubisoft through and through...
Old 01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

So the rumors were true - no Luftwaffe campaign eh?

Still, I can't wait!

EDIT: Since creating a Luftwaffe campaign would most definitely involve creating a bomber campaign as well (most likely a formation training missions too), I would rather have a solid RAF campaign alone than rushed & unfinished game. If this was the decision Oleg, made I think it is a good one. Much better to include a proper campaign later on via patch or possibly add-on.

If on the other hand we get to pay for LW campaign - this presents a slightly different approach than the RoF, but on the other hand a very similar one.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories

Last edited by T}{OR; 01-18-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
{SNIP}Exciting Single-Player Campaign – The campaign thrusts the player into the middle of the battle. The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side.
Quite frankly that sounds very strange, not to say it sounds like fried BS but it's close. Not only that a german campaign branch is missing (for the time being?) but that "renegade pilots" thingy sounds a lot more gamey than I'm comfortable with. But then I'm a stickler for historical accuracy ...
Old 01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

I cant explain my happiness
Old 01-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
Nothing new... Only that we now know for a fact that there will be no German or Italian campaign, German trainer or German collector's box edition.

Somehow I do believe that that is a stupid decision. The guy in the store won't know that there is eventually a German campaign when it is not written on the box. Let alone that I am sure that you would sell more if you offered a German collector's box. A good number of people are drawn to the "evil" side of WWII. Oh well... It is Ubisoft through and through...
Yes you could almost think they wish for customers only from the English speaking countries.....and that everyone is keen on flying a dweebfire.
We will see what happens.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9329
Old 01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Very exiting.

No german campaign though, is a glaring omission imo.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
4S_Nero

Uaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9329
Quote:
• Show your pilot mastery and take advantage of the AI flaws

Eh?
"take advantage of the AI flaws"

What's that supposed to mean?