Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
That's what I meant (from 1:34 on).

Heads turning with TrackIR, human pilots, online. A mod however.

Cheers,
Insuber
Who made an Aermacchi MB-339 for Il2?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

http://www.freccetricolorivirtuali.net/
Old 09-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
I don't really care about C.E.M. or a full startinng sequence. I'll just program my CHProducts MFP for the keystrokes and start with one key. LOL

It will be about enjoying the air combat simulation for me. I care less about all the button pushing,, been there done that too many times.

Clickable cockpits will mean absolutely nothing to me...except I'll love it online. The clickable cockpit pilots will be doing their cursors and clicking. I'll be all over their six and I won't be spraying Preparation H. LOL
Maybe there will be a built-in but delayed sequence. For example, if you use realistic starts in Black Shark you can still start everything by pressin left windows key+home key. The difference is that an experienced pilot can do it as much as 30 seconds faster than the AI helper

After all, if people don't want to use it, they can choose to fly in servers where it is disabled.

As for clicking stuff in combat, that's exactly what i'm not going to do. I'm not going to be dragging the throttles with the mouse. However, if i accidentaly starve my engine of fuel due to prolonged inverted flying, knowing how the whole things works will permit me to restart it. If you have mapped macros to your HOTAS to start-up, you might not be able to do so.

For example, say your HOTAS macros are toggle commands and your engine suffers a fuel shortage and quits. If you press your "start-up macro" key, the toggle commands will not only turn on what was turned off, they will also turn off what was turned on. So, when the start-up macro says "micture:100%" it will work because it's a specific command. However, where the macro says "toggle battery", it will turn it off and you won't be able to start.

I really hope that people who want to fly full-switch will be given an in-game automatic alternative, but at a handicap (longer sequence than what can be achieved if you do it manually), so as to discourage the use of external commands. There's no reason to be flying in a full-switch server with macros when you can just fly on another server that disables CEM without macros.

Another thing is that it might not be feasible to have one macro for all planes due to different start-up methods. For example, inertia starters were used a lot in WW2 aircraft with radial engines. Essentially, an electric motor drives a high-inertia rotor disc and when it reaches full RPM, the pilot connects the disc to the engine drive. This spins up the engine and if fuel and ignition is provided the engine starts. However, the size and the required RPM for the starter depends on the displacement of the engine, but larger starters also take longer to spool-up. For example, a starter for a Curtiss P-36 needs to drive an engine with a much smaller displacement and compression ratio than a starter for a P-47.
If you try to take your P-36 macro and use it to start a P-47, you will probably find out that the engine will never start because your macro is set for example at a 6 second spool-up but the Jug's starter needs a 20 second spool-up.

Not to mention differences between radial and in-line engines, different aircraft manufacturers using the same engine with different sub-systems (eg, direct drive starters instead of inertia, or mixed starters using both methods), or even airplanes of different countries. We've all seen videos of luftwaffe mechanics using a crank on a 109s cowling, well, that's the inertia starter most likely. So, you probably need a mechanic to start the 109
Old 10-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

I was watching screenshots and I was thinking "Please Oleg makes blood !! we want blood in cockpit and body !!"