Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Real-time strategy game set in the magical kingdom with indirect control of the player’s heroes.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Mentioned updates are not available only in demo. In full game you will be able to upgrade your troops during this mission.
Yes i figured that it would be possible in the full game - That's what i was saying, showing us the pics but not letting us upgrade now is just teasing.

Still good to see all the various upgrades/weapons/abilities for heroes, even if we couldn't use them all.
Did we see every possible building also? Or are there a few we missed out on because we wouldn't of been allowed to build them in the demo?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Yes i figured that it would be possible in the full game - That's what i was saying, showing us the pics but not letting us upgrade now is just teasing.

Still good to see all the various upgrades/weapons/abilities for heroes, even if we couldn't use them all.
Did we see every possible building also? Or are there a few we missed out on because we wouldn't of been allowed to build them in the demo?
I personaly didn't play demo, only full version. But it seems that everything is available besides temples (must have for unit upgrades) and Hall of Lords (availbale only in compaign).
Old 09-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

Also here is a detailed demo walkthrough directly form Paradox guys:

Old 09-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

tried the demo, game is sure different the other RTSes but i am kinda confused .. cant i force any unit to move? only by flags and paying them? unit control seems to be pretty har din that way
Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
tried the demo, game is sure different the other RTSes but i am kinda confused .. cant i force any unit to move? only by flags and paying them? unit control seems to be pretty har din that way
Gold is the main solution to make your heroes do anything, and that is really great and unique feature of the game. At first it seems hard, but after some time you will get used to it.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

As Nike said, you can't force them but you can encourage them with the flags. They are pretty effective at getting the attention of your heroes if you make it worth their while .

Naturally because you are the King, you will be getting your gold back once your heroes return home and spend it on purchasing upgrades, buying potions etc..So not only are you getting them to do what you want, but you also help them upgrade themselves and become more effective.

It's a clever concept, keeps you in control without having to micro-manage.
But with the introduction of the lords i was hoping we might atleast be able to control the couple of lords we can hire. It would be nice to send your lords out to attack something before you place a bounty, then the other heroes can just come in to back them up and there wouldn't be as many casualties .

They seem pretty useless currently. I always see them "looking for adventure" but ignoring my bounty flags (or enemies in the town) and when they finally do get into battle, they tend to go home after every encounter.
It's almost like they are suffering of old age and have to rest more than the newer heroes.

Could this perhaps be a mod-able feature?
I saw in another thread someone suggested the game itself should be easy to mod because it's using the MoW engine. But would that include things like giving players control over units?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

I already saw one mod from russian user, he made the game very similar to Original (edited skills, flags, etc.)
Old 09-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

i have tried second mission in demo is it that hilaroius hard? i have started with building denfse tower,market and warior guild, than blacksmith and cleric yet i was swarmed by mobs and defeated in 19day

2nd try day 29 this time went for rangers first

Last edited by Elwin; 09-22-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Approved Member

Elwin - Yes it's meant to be overly difficult.

The mission describes it as a dream, i think their objective was to just give you swarm after swarm (increasing in difficulty) to see how well you can control your palace, finances etc.. when under constant seige.

As Nike suggested to me, get alot of Clerics. They are very handy when they accompany other heroes into battle.
The almost constant healing sound gets annoying after a while though.

I wouldn't be buying towers until later on, early in the mission your heroes need any chance to gain XP, plus you can save some of that money to upgrade your items in the blacksmith.

The mission goes for 75 days i believe, i had only managed 69 on the demo, but i played the mission through on the full game and managed 74. (but for an entire "day" my palace was being destroyed by werebears )
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

werebears you say ... i couldnt deal with ogres xD i destroyed few graveyeards and snakenest but those ogres were too much
hm i often end with thing that my heroes live but ogres destroy guilds and then heroes go to castle and do nothing ...

Last edited by Elwin; 09-23-2009 at 09:53 AM.