Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Reign: Conflict of Nations

Reign: Conflict of Nations Historical real-time strategy game

Old 08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Default How To?

Does anyone know where to find a how to for this game, I've gone through the tutorial but it doesn't really cover much. I'm just looking for basic stuff. Like how to take over other cities, then keep them, or bring up stats of those cities. I've pretty much got running my city that I start with under control as far as building and researching goes. What are the villages for too? Do they do anything? I guess I'm just looking for a good rundown of the game and how to actually play it considering the tutorial is...limiting.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

I could use a good starter guide and some tips, too.

All the rebellions when you take over a town is getting me nowhere and breaking my treasury due to endless recruiting.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

Don't you have the user manual? You can download it here.

AFAIK villages provide grain and part of province gold income, so if you control only a city, it would starve when food reserves ran out. Because of the same reasons an attacking army needs supply wagons or they would start to starve almost immediately after crossing the border.
To stop rebellions, garrison more troops there, but remember they would need something to eat too (in an occupied city, army takes all the food it needs first and citizens have what's left, if there is nothing left they will revolt or escape to other cities).
Also keep in mind than unlike most strategy games where you can safely absorb minor independent cities, here you'll face a war against your powerful neighbors soon after you begin your aggressive world conquest, so careful planning is a neccessity.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Thanks. I figured out the rebellion problem after some more play time. Food, and the farms producing it, being key. I'll make sure I cap the outlying villages first. For that matter.. do supply wagons help the food shortage situation after capture (if your army has one or more)?

Overall, I can see a good game here but it seems a bit rough around the edges. For one, I had runaway alliances in my last game. It seemed like I could just ally and bribe for an alliance with most everyone on the map. This domino effect alliances worried me. Am I playing this wrong? Should I not forge many alliances to win? I'm not even sure if we can get diplomatic wins of a sort so I could have been short changing myself.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

To win, you have to control certain provinces, this list is mostly unique for each major faction. If you can bribe everyone into alliance it may be a way to win if you have the money, but i think that being allied with some faction that controls a key province wouldn't count for a win so you'll be forced to break this alliance sooner or later. I'm not sure though, didn't play the game much.
Supply wagons provide (finite) supply of food if normal province supply is exhausted.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Also.. what are settlers for?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

I think you can transfer populace from an overcrowded city to a developing one this way.