Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
There are, but I heard you could only fly them in multiplayer.

And to Stanrosquain, I went back to it to check myself and I was right. (at this point, lets hope the website was correct!)
Can you give us the URL of this website please ?

Last edited by Stanrosquain; 06-03-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Great article, thanks for posting!

I would be shocked if Axis aircraft weren't flyable in multiplayer - it just wouldn't make any sense.

Its the same reason you don't play as a Wehrmacht soldier in any of the Call of Duty games' single-player mode.
The campaign is structured along the Allied storyline, whereas the online play features the whole sha-bing.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I know. I hope that was only because it was a demo. I think I remember IGN or Gamespot, etc. saying there was going to be 50+ planes.
Same hear...Probably in total because i can barely name 15 allied fighters or bombers.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Great article. Makes us even more eager to get our hands on this one. But....no Axis planes to fly in. Makes no sense at all. What's the use of a multiplayer without being able to choose sides. Would be a blast if this is true Guess they know what they are doing at 505 so lets hoipe for the best.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Bader View Post
Great article. Makes us even more eager to get our hands on this one. But....no Axis planes to fly in. Makes no sense at all. What's the use of a multiplayer without being able to choose sides. Would be a blast if this is true Guess they know what they are doing at 505 so lets hoipe for the best.
I'm sure you can fly axis in multiplayer. Judging by the screenshots, most of of AXIS planes. I also remember seeing a video a LONG while ogo of someone flying a BF-109.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goalie_94 View Post
I'm sure you can fly axis in multiplayer. Judging by the screenshots, most of of AXIS planes. I also remember seeing a video a LONG while ogo of someone flying a BF-109.
I believe that was at GC 2008
Old 06-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Bader View Post
. Guess they know what they are doing at 505 so lets hoipe for the best.
Just so you know, Gaijin is the developer.
From the looks of it they really know what they're doing. You've got a russian dev team tasked with bringing one of the most famous russian titles to the consoles - a tall order but one i'm sure they're taking very seriously.

505 games (publisher) on the other hand, well.... they're quite experienced publishing in the low-cost handheld market (shovelware, really) which Nintendo will tell you (over and over) is very lucrative!

We'll see how they do with a proper next-gen title,... fingers crossed but thus far i'm not blown away by their marketing strategy.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
There are, but I heard you could only fly them in multiplayer.

And to Stanrosquain, I went back to it to check myself and I was right. (at this point, lets hope the website was correct!)
I haven't found the article in gamespot and ign where they talk about +40 aircraft in the game.
Can you tell us the URL of the website where they talk about the number of aircraft, please ?

Last edited by Stanrosquain; 06-04-2009 at 05:15 PM.