Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 12-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

Default Star Wolves 2

What about a Star Wolves 2 patch?!
I'm waiting
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadexes View Post
What about a Star Wolves 2 patch?!
I'm waiting
And still waiting...
Old 04-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

And we'll wait for a long
Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Hi guys. If you are talking about patch 1, you can try to download russian version from official site: http://games.1c.ru/starwolves2/?type=files
Old 05-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Guys, can you name all the bugs, and I'll send them to developer, so they can make the right patch.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Here are some bugs for you:

1) Random CTDs

2) Notable slowdowns of the game, usually when there are a lot of ships in the mission. Minimizing the game and maximizing it back strangely removes the slowdown.

3) Horrible pathfinding doesn't support docking very well. With some stations, you can't dock if you right-click, but instead you have to first approach it by right-clicking, then set a course that will take you next to the station so that you can dock correctly.

4) Also related to pathfinding, player's fighters will often bump into mothership causing damage to both. They sometimes get stuck bumping into the mothership and get destroyed. This was also present in the first Star Wolves but is even more often in SW2.

5) Please add a confirmation dialog for undocking from stations. Accidentally hitting 'esc' while in station makes you repeat the tedious job of docking with the station.

6) Please add an option to turn off the voice-overs. SW2 has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless One View Post
Here are some bugs for you:

1) Random CTDs

2) Notable slowdowns of the game, usually when there are a lot of ships in the mission. Minimizing the game and maximizing it back strangely removes the slowdown.

3) Horrible pathfinding doesn't support docking very well. With some stations, you can't dock if you right-click, but instead you have to first approach it by right-clicking, then set a course that will take you next to the station so that you can dock correctly.

4) Also related to pathfinding, player's fighters will often bump into mothership causing damage to both. They sometimes get stuck bumping into the mothership and get destroyed. This was also present in the first Star Wolves but is even more often in SW2.

5) Please add a confirmation dialog for undocking from stations. Accidentally hitting 'esc' while in station makes you repeat the tedious job of docking with the station.

6) Please add an option to turn off the voice-overs. SW2 has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard.
Thanks man! I'll send it to the developers.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Add to that list a bug that makes the mission to aid the militarf against the aliens stall quire often... I have only seen the cut scene of the alien frigate entering the jump gate and blowing up two times and both time I had lost a fighter in the battle. every time I win without losing one of my ships it craps and won't progress.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Ive had a lot of bugs with star wolves 2 aswell. Game tends to freeze at random places and very often at not so random places. Sure there are some other minor issues like problems docking at stations, figthers crashing into mothership and bla bla, but those can easily be fixed by actually playing and dont happen very often, but what id really like would be for a stop to the annoying game freezes
Having to play through while saving every 5 min and always worrying in every fight that it will freeze up sucks

Should be fairly easy to convert the russian patch into english eh. Just like it should be fairly easy to make SW2: Civil War into english!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Registered Member

Hey2!
I found a bug!
I think the game will crash when you try to hire a mercenary in areco system!