Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Registered Member

Default SW3 early certain death pirate attack

So im on the mission to deliver alex's cargo, and im stuck in argon. If I try to leave the system by any of the 3 gates I immediately come under attack by 5 pirates who kill me in under 1 flat second. I even tried pawning ALL of my cargo to hire some decent mercs, but they spawn too far away from the exit gate and even have the nerve to interrupt my mothership's death scene by asking me for more money.

So... now what, I lose and have to restart the game?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Registered Member

I think I know what you mean. It's very early in the beginning of the game where you just have that rusty old tug am I right?

And the pirates destroying your ship appear in some kind of cutscene when you're trying to reach a portal.

Note: as you didn't attack the pirates in this stage of the game b4, they all should remain neutral to you (except those guys who ask for money). But this has nothing to do with this cutscene. It just prevents you from leaving the sector. Check the quest-menu. It should tell you to dock with Alex's Placid Dock station in Aurora imo.

As your stuck in Argon and the pirates did ask you for money - I think something may went wrong b4.

The same happend to me as I didn't dock @ Alex's Placid Dock station but in Aurora as I've tried to leave the sector through a portal.

So I suggest to load a former savegame and try again to dock with the station in Aurora and then fly to Argon. Should work.

p.s.: better save very often in this game

Last edited by KrazeeXXL; 04-06-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Registered Member

eh.. not exactly. I'm in the heavy transporter, they aren't asking for money, no dialog, no "death cut-scene", Argon itself is completely safe. They just openly attack me as soon as I arrive at a different system, however due to their sheer firepower the game immediately pauses from my mother-ship's health dropping below 50%, then 20%, then well... boom, all within less than a single second, far too little time to turn around and run back through the gate.

I didn't think that it would help but I when back to the last autosave, and it looks like the pirate blockade isn't around anymore, maybe its somehow related to lingering around too long before completing the mission? But it still looks like some kind of game bug, I don't know...

Funny thing, I didn't think this game had autosaves, maybe because I died half a dozen times before it ever made one for me...
Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

The thing is very early in the game if you deviate even a little bit from the path that is laid out before yo u, you die. Pure and simple. You don't get any free roam ability until after you have completed a delivery in Hephaestus system and do some some story based stuff. You are stuck on a rail until you have a proper mothership with an actual fighter hanger and clean papers for it.

The story will tell you when that is and until then breaking from the story is death. There is lots of free roam in this game but the first hour or so is a pest.

Hope that helps.