Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Default marketing BS...

Of course I will spend whatever is neccassary to update my computer to run SOW when it comes out. The price of the actual game will be nothing compared to this. I will also be buying the other games due out that are creating interest such as Knights of the Sky. As their price will also be comparitively neglible to the hardware update. Neither Ubisoft or any other Game publisher need a special marketing strategy ( ie: timed release date ) to get a sale out of me.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Yet another thread with the same topic....

If you knew the release-date, what would it change? Would it make your days brighter? Your bank-account bigger, your life longer or does it really change anything at all? You can't play it after that announcement either and you'd have to wait, too, and you could even be more disappointed when the date is not met, so what does it make a difference?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

I have never complained about this issue, but knowing the date (which i'm NOT asking) will help me to decide to buy a new machine now (mine is just OK now but with the new slovakia beta i had some slow downs) or wait to see what the bob is asking for. I do not want to spend an enormous amount of money neiher realise after saving some on the new machine it does not allow me to set BOB at its best. I will only change my computer because of this game. Oleg should ask the computer shop for a percentage LOL
Old 05-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

You say you don't want to spend too much money and I perfectly understand that, Ala13_Kokakolo.

The part I don't get about this: If your resources are limited or you just don't want to spend too much money on new hardware, why you are going to buy yourself hardware BEFORE you even know how BoB runs on your computer?

Even if the minimum requirements and optimum requirements are released, which would need a pretty advanced beta to know, how can you be sure you upgraded the right parts without having the chance to compare the importance of different components for the game?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

i don't think they ever made a publication date part of there marketing stratergy, I think they told us different dates because of pressure from players.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Exactly

And after all they're just human. If they want something to be done or finished at a specific time doesn't necessarily mean it WILL be done when planned.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

I need to change hardware now because of slovakia map. It is amazing and the nicest map on earth, but my computer does not handle it well, so i think is time to change hardware. So i will buy something i will not need to change again once BOB is release. I know, is my problem, but i'm not complaning, i just saying that is a reason i will love to know the date or the specifications. Anyway, i will know when it will be ready. I can wait.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Kokakolo oleg dijo que en verano diria las especificaciones del pc p*ra mover el BOB, seguro que ya lo sabias.

In uglish:

Oleg tell Pc specifications for BOB in summer 2008, over
Old 05-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

The thing that bother's me is the pace of progress, and the changing cost of the latest and the greatest...

I never know when to buy hardware!?! It seems like everytime I research the cost of upgrading my system a new spec is released from one (or more) of the component manufacturers...and then the price drops on the (former) "top of the line" as the "new/better" component is released.

I usually try to catch this price drop, and upgrade my system so that I have the "formerly" best spec system...it's even better when I can get an over-lap of components (like cpu and gpu).
Old 05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
The thing that bother's me is the pace of progress, and the changing cost of the latest and the greatest...

I never know when to buy hardware!?! It seems like everytime I research the cost of upgrading my system a new spec is released from one (or more) of the component manufacturers...and then the price drops on the (former) "top of the line" as the "new/better" component is released.

I usually try to catch this price drop, and upgrade my system so that I have the "formerly" best spec system...it's even better when I can get an over-lap of components (like cpu and gpu).
I agree entirely. The bleeding edge is exactly that - you get the very latest in technology but your happiness only lasts a few months at best.

Right now I'm still using x2 4600 on an NF4 board with an x1950 Pro, 2 gigs of high quality DDR, a high-rated PSU, and the latest addition was an X-Fi soundcard. But the most useful addition was water-cooling!

This has really altered the situation regarding steadiness of play and component reliability and I never want to be without it again. Best of all it's relatively cheap once you have a good pump, rad and reservoir - needing only new blocks and tubing (if required) for new cpu and gpu configurations.

It helps to hold back the need for new all the time. Once you're over the AGP/PCI-E hump you can afford to cruise a while as far as IL2 is concerned.

Just my 2p

B
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.