Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Default Strategies for Rezo battle

This was the most challenging fight of the game.
Only way I could think to beat the army was the exploitive invisibility recast (same as for no-loss vs. Scrounger in AP).
Any other methods?
The army just seemed too tough for a "conventional" fight.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Approved Member

Is this the one for the talking bear quest?

I didn't have any trouble with it (just nuked him with rage skills, cleaned up everything else with my army, huddled around paladins and revived, then killed the last stack. Whole thing took about 3-4 turns), but did it at a pretty high level. You might have done it earlier than you were expected to?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

No, he is talking about the archmage tower - which when you gave all the artifacts away - is overrun by undead.

It was the most difficult fight for me as a mage in the whole game.

The odds were something like 60k leadership boss, me 20k or so - there were stacks of 2x 6000+ archers - horrible.

So basically after multiple attempts - i found the ice prison spell to be my only way. In the first round i ice prisoned the 2 archer stacks - i could double cast because they were only lvl2. I used greed rage skill on the necro.

Then i got rid of the dragon quick, next round i went for the highest stack an ice prisoned them each round - in between i used my 2 x rune mage stacks to cast phantoms and try to keep the battle on the enemy side. After that i basically killed each stack one by one and then started to rez every troop - i think this fight took 18 rounds for me.

Yep it did

Last edited by Harakiri; 12-08-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

The leadership for the battles varies WILDLY.

Out of my three playthroughs, the first time it was insane. Insane. Even with the overpowered Paladin + split rune mage + horsemen strat, I nearly faltered because he had like 2x 300 necro stacks.

I came back later and beat him up anyways, but just... a little insane sometimes.

The other playthroughs, it was far more manageable.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

In my currently impossible Soothsayer game the undead army in the tower is made up of:
  • 22 Bone Dragons
  • 8843 + 8844 = 17687 Skeleton Archers
  • 397 + 103 = 500 Necromancers
  • 680 + 33 = 713 Cursed Ghosts
  • 373 Ghosts
  • 604 Vampires

The leadership of one of the skeleton archers stack is around 123K.

I'm level 45 and have about 15K leadership.

I'm slowly cleaning up "new" Arlania but soon I'll have to tackle the army above and it does not look easy
Old 12-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

The # of archers doesnt matter if you use ice prison.

If you have issues with 2x stacks of necro and archers do this:

Restart the battle till at least 1 archer loses his first round, then prison necro 1 and archer 1, use greed on second necro. 2nd round - imprison the remaining two.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Unfortunately I have no ice prison spell

After I have seen your post I have looked (with the scanner) for possible locations of said spell. There were 3 in my game:
  • one in Hades (now off-limits for the moment)
  • one on the first island in a faulty/non-accessible shop (House of Jotun)
  • one on the Eastern Island but now it's there no more (probably I had bought it and sold it w/o realizing).

Will have to find another strategy.

I looked at your army composition and will try with something similar: 2 stacks of archmages, paladins, royal griffins and black unicorns (they seem better than normal ones for their always critical against non-elven attacks).

But thanks for the tips, Harakiri.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazvante View Post
Unfortunately I have no ice prison spell

After I have seen your post I have looked (with the scanner) for possible locations of said spell. There were 3 in my game:
  • one in Hades (now off-limits for the moment)
  • one on the first island in a faulty/non-accessible shop (House of Jotun)
  • one on the Eastern Island but now it's there no more (probably I had bought it and sold it w/o realizing).

Will have to find another strategy.

I looked at your army composition and will try with something similar: 2 stacks of archmages, paladins, royal griffins and black unicorns (they seem better than normal ones for their always critical against non-elven attacks).

But thanks for the tips, Harakiri.
Best part about this game, always more than one way to skin a cat.

First island's House of Jotun isn't faulty at all. You just need your pegasus (winged horse) to fly to it. I just never bother since it is a huge waste of game time to go back to the first island so soon.

It is on the side of the big mountain thing. You can still go back there if you want. Sail to Greenwort, then 'fast travel' back to the first island.

So, basically fly past the mountain a bit, change view of the screen so you can see the side of it, and land carefully by the side of the mountain (there will be a small platform on the side of the mountain. Look for the big gold thing to denote it is a shop.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
First island's House of Jotun isn't faulty at all. You just need your pegasus (winged horse) to fly to it. I just never bother since it is a huge waste of game time to go back to the first island so soon.
Excellent! I did not know that!

Now I have ice prison.

I don't care much about the score. So I've been to various islands multiple times.
I got the trapper medal lvl3 (all the way from 0 to 100) in 2 battles with 2 very weak stacks I left on the 1st island (5 inquisitors in 5 stacks of 1, trap, rune word, chargers, ice wall, gift or resurrection).

Thank you, ckdamascus!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazvante View Post
Excellent! I did not know that!

Now I have ice prison.

I don't care much about the score. So I've been to various islands multiple times.
I got the trapper medal lvl3 (all the way from 0 to 100) in 2 battles with 2 very weak stacks I left on the 1st island (5 inquisitors in 5 stacks of 1, trap, rune word, chargers, ice wall, gift or resurrection).

Thank you, ckdamascus!
Well, first few runs through it is good to explore anyway! Now you know for next time! Whew!

Wait, how the heck did you get 100 trap kills with 2 stacks? I thought it doesn't work on your own units? Or does it?!?!

Were you able to defeat the enemy now with Ice Prison?

Sure, no problem!