Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:51 AM
Registered Member

Default Help ATI config issues

I just built a new machine

i7-860
xfx ati 5770
win7 64

Problem is - I make changes to config.ini - and they dont take effect - need to get my resolution to 1680 x 1050

I cant tell if other settings are taking - but the resolution is still boxed and not fitting the widescreen

Also - i put my old user control settings in and they dont work -

Ive looked at the forums and done some google research but no luck

thanks for any help - really looking forward to seeing how good this looks w/ max settings - been flying il-2 since the first demo came out and looking foward to SOW

cheers
Old 06-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Approved Member

S!

First off check that your conf.ini is not as "Read only". Right click it and see Properties. Uncheck Read Only if there is a tick. Also when changing conf.ini make sure you do the changes to the correct section, for example Render OpenGL if changing the OGL settings.

The issue with wide screens is a known issue and can not be fixed unless you use a modification. Also what helps, not with loading screens, for game itself showing is to set Save Aspect to 0 in conf.ini, just below the resolution settings.