Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Because Tree needs to find a reason for SOW being cancelled.

He lives for that outcome it seems.
So, your answer to my question is that i live for SOW being cancelled.
Well I have devastating news for you ElAurens, 'The World is round'!.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Tree_UK,you better keep those thoughts of yours for yourself if you don't want your appearance here to be terminated.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
One thing i cannot understand is this, if we do get the 4.09 patch which we assume is going to be free then who is paying the staff at Daidalus? Surely they aren't doing it for the love of the sim, especially when SOW is allegedly knocking on the door. Of course if they are doing the 4.09 patch and then hope to release paid add ons later then they must know something about SOW that we dont otherwise it would be financial suicide to get involved in a project that is soon to be superceeded. So the big question is, who is financially supporting Daidalus?
If I understand, you are suggesting that Daidalus people are gambling on SOW failure to sell other add-ons for Il2. In my opinion it is highly improbable.
I see other three possibilities:
1) Someone is paying Daidalus people’s work, and only time will tell if it’s good or bad business.
2) Nobody is paying them, and they are people willing to work for free to keep going a game that has exhausted its commercial value, a thing already happened for Red Baron, to cite a case.
3) Daidalus and 1C have reached an agreement which is entirely their business.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulgarian View Post
Tree_UK,you better keep those thoughts of yours for yourself if you don't want your appearance here to be terminated.
Hmmmm, thats very interesting. Forgive me but i was not aware that this was your forum.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 08-16-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furio View Post
If I understand, you are suggesting that Daidalus people are gambling on SOW failure to sell other add-ons for Il2. In my opinion it is highly improbable.
I see other three possibilities:
1) Someone is paying Daidalus people’s work, and only time will tell if it’s good or bad business.
2) Nobody is paying them, and they are people willing to work for free to keep going a game that has exhausted its commercial value, a thing already happened for Red Baron, to cite a case.
3) Daidalus and 1C have reached an agreement which is entirely their business.
No i am not suggesting anything of the sort, i am merely stating that it seems very odd for daidalus to be working for nothing on a project that is going to be superceeded next year by SOW, surely it is a conflict of interest for IL2 to have continued development when Oleg is allegedly about to release SOW. Obviously i have hit a nerve somewhere because Bulgarian is threatening to have me banned, good luck with that one.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Tree

You have never posted anything useful or supportive here at this forum, you constantly snipe at people here and 1c so don't expect too much respect from people with your naive comments.

You call anyone here a fanboi if they don't hold your opinion of 1c Team or Oleg.

What else do you expect !!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Tree_UK

And your adding what to this debate exactly?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Nothing you would ever understand apparently.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Tree_UK

Just the word 'nothing' would of been enough.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
No i am not suggesting anything of the sort, i am merely stating that it seems very odd for daidalus to be working for nothing on a project that is going to be superceeded next year by SOW, surely it is a conflict of interest for IL2 to have continued development when Oleg is allegedly about to release SOW. Obviously i have hit a nerve somewhere because Bulgarian is threatening to have me banned, good luck with that one.
Okay, so you’re saying that there’s no relationship between 4.09 and SOW release. On this we agree.
Closed Thread