Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 09-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Default I must suck ...

So today was day 1, I got Men Of War yesterday, and I started playing it today. Now, I did my homework and I already knew the game was "realistic", and the missions were god awfully outnumbering in the enemies favor, but I liked a challenge.

So, I get online and did a couple battles, most I lost but I won a few.

How is it, a Panther tank can't penetrate a T2 (the Russian tank), from head on, but a puma can fire at me from straight on a penetrate my armor. I understand tanks like the tiger vs t2 or 3 should flank. But how do super tanks flank each other when their slow. Not to mention fast tanks like the puma and shermen are taken out in one shot. Am I missing something in this game?
Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokers_Anarchy View Post
So today was day 1, I got Men Of War yesterday, and I started playing it today. Now, I did my homework and I already knew the game was "realistic", and the missions were god awfully outnumbering in the enemies favor, but I liked a challenge.

So, I get online and did a couple battles, most I lost but I won a few.

How is it, a Panther tank can't penetrate a T2 (the Russian tank), from head on, but a puma can fire at me from straight on a penetrate my armor. I understand tanks like the tiger vs t2 or 3 should flank. But how do super tanks flank each other when their slow. Not to mention fast tanks like the puma and shermen are taken out in one shot. Am I missing something in this game?
Firstly i panther can pentrate a T2 from straight on,just depends how far you are from the enemy tanks,as ranges & penetration has been done to take in to account the smaller sizes of the maps the game has,so if a puma was really close to you or came at you from the side,it might get lucky,which is also taken into account when calculating what damage if any yours or there shells do to the tanks.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

First a puma is not a tank. It´s more like an armored car sdkfz 234/2 "puma" has a 5 cm KwK 39 L/60 gun(PIII) will do something like 60mm at 500m. So the only way to kill a panther is firing to the sides or rear. Frontaly the panther will muster something like 160/180mm efective armor.So no chance. I think in game we that. But also theres a 234/4 version with a 7.5 cm Pak 40 L/48 this model may penetrate if hits a very small area frontaly.

This are the charts for the panther gun based on german data(of that time of course)

7,5cm KwK 42 75mm / L70

Type of ammo weight M/V 100 500 1000 1500 2000 (meters)
APCBC PzGr 39/42 6,8 935 138 124 111 99 89
APCR PzGr 40/42 4,75 1120 194 174 149 127 106

So if you are refering to a IS-2 tank that has 160mm maximun frontal armor at 100/500 distance the panther guns delivers only when firing APCR ammo, in game i think we dont have diferent ammo just HE or AP. So lets say we use the APCR kind yes at short distance he will die to your gun.

If you a talking about a BT-2 Light tank that has 15mm maxium well at any ditance is dead. So you are doing it wrong xD.

Cheers!!

Last edited by akito272; 09-29-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up nah just new

Dude you dont suck your just new to onlibne i rolly lost abou 150 of my 200+ battles ims still learning and iv eplayed over200 battles dont worrie youll get skilled but i dont like tank battles i like inf but i will play all vehicles and didt they fix alot of armor bugs and so on in 1.11.3-1.16.4 patches? i wish this company made a modern combat of this game with no limit on how mutch you have but olny the cost thatd be awsome im not into mods p[rolly cause i cant ststall them but sstill im not into them never have with games ive dled 1 or 2 mods for other games b4 like battlefield pirates and c&c starwars mod for thoose games

ok back to subject youll get skilled and start winning alot more so dont worrie im still learning and you defenitly dont suck noone really sucks some people are just more skilled then others. sry for the lack of good literacy im horible with that so good luck and start winning Ill see you on the battlefield SOLDIER!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, online is harder. But, thats why its a strategy game.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

Default well ya cowhand me too

i got pwned a lot but lately i am winnig an awfull lot
mostly due to 4 things --- getting better -weeding out stupid tacics --incoperating good tacts --and playing with very good players (russians mostly) ,you will get a lot better and you will become a real threat to even old hands trust me.
but just have fun cause this game is fun .