Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 03-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Feuerfalke...are you telling me your not even a tiny-whiny bit worried by this?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highness View Post
i have win7 64bit
What about your GPU? Maybe its capping out your system ram based on your Vram and only loading in use textures straight to your GPU through paging when needed instead of loading the textures into system ram for access. (which would be very very bad).
Old 03-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
Did you do the perfmon track? I'd be interested in seeing it after a couple of minutes of play if you could upload a screenshot.
i just looked into perfmon, there are many different trackers in the RAM Memory section that can be added to the monitor.

i'm not familiar with this, which ones would represent the memory usage and that you would suggest to use?

because by default in the perfmon there is only one tracker :

% Processor time

the question is to find why the required specifications are 4gb of RAM and why the "final product" would use only about 1gb

my config is:

i7 875k
8gb of ram ddr3
GTX295
Win7 64bit

and my current/average FPS in il2 cod RUS is 5/10/15-35 + lots of stutters , running at native desktop resolution 1920x1680, 32bit, everything to medium AND with Antiepilepcy=0 setting in the conf.ini

it is very barely playable as it is now...

Last edited by highness; 03-27-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highness View Post
i just looked into perfmon, there are many different trackers in the RAM Memory section that can be added to the monitor.

i'm not familiar with this, which ones would represent the memory usage and that you would suggest to use?

because by default in the perfmon there is only one tracker :

% Processor time

the question is to find why the required specifications are 4gb of RAM and why the "final product" would use only about 1gb
Click on Performance Monitor and then the green plus at the top. Next, click the little down arrow next to Memory and Add>> % Committed Bytes in Use then OK. Depending on your setup you may need to right-click on the % Committed Bytes in Use line at the bottom and Scale Selected Counters to get the line visible on the chart.

You can also add various CPU trackers to determine active threads etc - pretty powerful app.