Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Hey guys

I just re-ran the Hurricane Mk.I top speed test..

Note I am experimenting with some of the C# data collection values right now, just so you know there are basically two types.. 3D world Internal (Z) and Indicated (I). Where the 3D world internal values are just that, internal calculations used by the game, and the Indicated values are the values used to drive the cockpit gauges.. As in what we can see as we fly in real time.

There are a lot unresolved and/or not fully understood issues with both.. Right now just trying to relate the two to see if I can make sense out of the two types. As for issues.. the Indicated stuff seems.. well.. pretty flaky. Which is something Oleg said way back in the IL-2 days, that being the cockpit gauge values are just generated to give the virtual pilot something to look at, translated I got the impression from Olegs e-mail that he was saying the Indicated cockpit values are not that accurate, as in not what is really going on. And my initial impression of CoD's Indicated values, it seems to be true for CoD too. For example, the indicated ROC has a constant offset of around 60fpm.. Even while sitting on the runway it indicates around 60fpm in the C# log data. Where as the 3D world value reads zero like you would expect! But there are issues with the 3D values too, for example the IAS and TAS values.. The IAS does not appear to be IAS at all, where as TAS, so far, seems to be close to what you would expect. I need to calc TAS from the Indicated and compare it to the 3D world values to see just how far off they are. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you all! In the mean time keep in mind the graphs are suspect at the moment, so, don't get happy or sad just yet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALT_VS_TAS.jpg (170.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
PEC = Position Error Correction, or the errors caused by the pitot not being perfectly accurate.
Ah ok thanks!!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Hey Guys

Just finished the Hurri 100 oct test..

Note I used the HRush data that Seadog recommended for comparison

Also note not seeing a big difference between the stock Hurri and the Hurri 100 oct!

So, I must be doing something wrong?

I enable that boots cutout at the start and leave it on for the test..

Anything else I should be doing?

Note I extended the ingame testing up to 28kft, again, still a work in progress! Don't draw any conclusions just yet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALT_VS_TAS.jpg (157.7 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 08-05-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

AOA I tried to send you a PM but just got this:

ACE-OF-ACES has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
AOA I tried to send you a PM but just got this:

ACE-OF-ACES has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
He's been banned, look just under his username, next to his posts.

You'll be able to send him PM's after his ban expies.

Last edited by CaptainDoggles; 08-05-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Hey guys

I just re-ran the Hurricane Mk.I top speed test..

Note I am experimenting with some of the C# data collection values right now, just so you know there are basically two types.. 3D world Internal (Z) and Indicated (I). Where the 3D world internal values are just that, internal calculations used by the game, and the Indicated values are the values used to drive the cockpit gauges.. As in what we can see as we fly in real time.

There are a lot unresolved and/or not fully understood issues with both.. Right now just trying to relate the two to see if I can make sense out of the two types. As for issues.. the Indicated stuff seems.. well.. pretty flaky. Which is something Oleg said way back in the IL-2 days, that being the cockpit gauge values are just generated to give the virtual pilot something to look at, translated I got the impression from Olegs e-mail that he was saying the Indicated cockpit values are not that accurate, as in not what is really going on. And my initial impression of CoD's Indicated values, it seems to be true for CoD too. For example, the indicated ROC has a constant offset of around 60fpm.. Even while sitting on the runway it indicates around 60fpm in the C# log data. Where as the 3D world value reads zero like you would expect! But there are issues with the 3D values too, for example the IAS and TAS values.. The IAS does not appear to be IAS at all, where as TAS, so far, seems to be close to what you would expect. I need to calc TAS from the Indicated and compare it to the 3D world values to see just how far off they are. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you all! In the mean time keep in mind the graphs are suspect at the moment, so, don't get happy or sad just yet!
I wonder how can you reached 260 mph at the deck with Hurricane Mk1 at +6 1/2 lbs?

From my test in last beta Hurricane MK1 Rotol at 6 1/4 lbs and 3000 RPM (various RPM checked) dont go more then 240 mph at the deck, radiator close ( flight 5 m over Channel), plane trimmed, 100% fuel.

It is 20 mph too slow comparing to RL data. Nothing change with speed comparing to previous beta patch. Only thing in "+" is that now Merlin III could sustained longer 3000RPMs without engine broken.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Doogles.