Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Goblin Shaman resistance lowering stacks and does not appear to have a cap. e.g. it can go negative.

I'm not sure if you can go beyond -100% with it.

But, you can definitely go negative. Very handy for wrecking those bigger stacks.

I was able to beat some heavily armored Hu-Mans by using Ghost Sword to lower existing physical resistance, then goblin shaman would slowly bring them to like -5%.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 10-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

I think it is a bug that when an Orc kills an enemy unit, all Orcs get +10 (no kidding!) Morale. It should have been +1, methinks. It's called anticipating Trophies.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I think it is a bug that when an Orc kills an enemy unit, all Orcs get +10 (no kidding!) Morale. It should have been +1, methinks. It's called anticipating Trophies.
Only the orc killing unit gets +10 morale. All orc units do get morale though. I think it is totally fair and it is the basis of my current overpowered orc combination.

It is considered an orc advantage.

It basically ensures they will always hit max morale, so giving them a very high base critical can ensure a very high critical rate and can push certain units to 100% critical very easily.

I mean, every race has their own unique advantage of sorts.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

What's the point of +10 morale, I wonder, if morale bonuses max out at +3?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
What's the point of +10 morale, I wonder, if morale bonuses max out at +3?
To nullify the negative morale effects of negative status, hence guarantee full morale.

e.g. I would LOSE my 100% critical hit rating with my Hunters whenever they burned and poisoned me.

Two negative status effects makes you lose 2 bits of morale.

Once my orc units kills, it will not matter how many de-buffs are on him. He will have full morale and FULLY benefit from the critical bonuses.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Then they should've made it +5, not +10.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Then they should've made it +5, not +10.
Why? +10 ensures nearly no way to lose High Morale status. +5, does not.

Burning, poisoned, helpnessness, bleeding, pygmy, cursed, etc...

The point is to never feed the orcs. The basis of the power of Adrenaline in Crossworlds, and the morale thing was around back in Armored Princess. I guess no one feared them that much once they got near max magical resistance.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

No, "Expecting Trophies" is also new to Crossworlds. In AP, Orcs got +1 Morale if your army was composed of only Orcs, that was all.

I am not against Morale increase, but it makes using Morale-granting items or investing in the Persuasion skill useless if you get +10 morale once you kill the first weak enemy summoned Thorn stack, or so.

IMHO, there should be some anti-adrenaline spells or abilities. Like, the Death Cloud of the Necromancer should sap -10 Adrenaline per hit, or the Oblivion of the Fairies/Sprites should also leech adrenaline. Just giving you a fair advantage against orcs (or, making your life more challenging if you are using them).
Old 10-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post

Isn't it so that 2 or more negative effects give a total of -2 morale, not -1 for each negative effect? That's why I said +5 morale -2 morale = still +3 morale.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post

Isn't it so that 2 or more negative effects give a total of -2 morale, not -1 for each negative effect? That's why I said +5 morale -2 morale = still +3 morale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave
No, "Expecting Trophies" is also new to Crossworlds. In AP, Orcs got +1 Morale if your army was composed of only Orcs, that was all.
Are you sure about that? I seem to remember this ability from before, at least with the original ogre unit, if not the whole race...