Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Default UBI passes Epi filter debacle cost onto customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
The game will not allow you to play the version that's on the DVD even if you try. The installer will automatically grab and download the latest version as it exists on steam's servers, and install that right off the bat.

So, whenever it is you install the game, your version will be the same as everybody else's. You can choose to disable future updates if you like but not with the initial install.
Excuse me, but i have to pay £1 per GB that i download. I dont mind downloading 500MB patches, but i wanted to buy a DVD and install the Game, then patch it. Are you telling me that on top of the £30 to buy the game, i have to pay an additional £10 or so to download it?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

I feel sorry for you, I really do.

No wonder Oleg has had enough what with you lot ******* and moaning.

Why not moan about the cost of the electric to play the game too?

Last edited by Gimpymoo; 03-29-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike_UK View Post
Excuse me, but i have to pay £1 per GB that i download. I dont mind downloading 500MB patches, but i wanted to buy a DVD and install the Game, then patch it. Are you telling me that on top of the £30 to buy the game, i have to pay an additional £10 or so to download it?
I would think you will only be required to download the differences and the steam client, the steam and DVD games will be much the same, although I am only guessing of course.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Think you should change your ISP. £1 per GB seems like a rip off to me. I am with BT and think I get 10GB free per month.
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

This takes ranting to a new level. In fact, UBI passes cost for updates on to no one.

Seriously: It's not UBI's fault if you have a paid-volume internet connection. Correct me if I am wrong, and someone forced oyu into this. Then I do feel sorry. Nevertheless, I don't recommend a lawsuit.

Somebody want cheese with their whine?

Last edited by Wurschtie; 03-29-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanPan View Post
Think you should change your ISP. £1 per GB seems like a rip off to me. I am with BT and think I get 10GB free per month.
Yep im with BT Option 1. But i always use up my entire 10GB quota. This would mean i go over by the size of the game.

Nobody forced me to be on this ISP package. Im unemployed at the moment, so i'm only eating 1 meal a day in order to afford to buy the game. BT Option 1 is cheapest for me. Cant afford to add more cost to my phone bill.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

If you can, change your ISP as you're being ripped off by them and that's not UBI's fault.

http://www.tangmerepilots.co.uk/
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

I take it you're in the UK? Well your ISP sucks. For sure. Change your ISP!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
But i always use up my entire 10GB quota. This would mean i go over by the size of the game.
I think it's friggin boldness from UBI to really think that their customers should have an internet connection. At least, they could make contracts with major ISPs, and put vouchers for volume into the game boxes. Or, better, send USB sticks to every customer with every patch.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

So how exactly does the money you pay BT end up in Ubi's pocket?